You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Mikkamakka wrote:

You Got No Right, Slither, Set Me Free, Dime, Messages are great songs. You must be an Axlite to say everything sucks on those albums. The VR records aren't masterpieces, but the same thing can be said about Axl's expensive album. Some good moments here and there, but forgettable.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

but forgettable.

We'll see when there's a consensus on it from critics and audiences. Most of us (meaning GN'R fans) feel it's a pretty strong album. Overproduced? Definitely. But many great moments with a few weak ones from my point of view. The problem with VR's stuff is not that it's bad, just that it's not great. They have way more talent than that, and it's a shame they let Weiland drag them down. He's a hack.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

. I'm starting to think this is about the fans and not Slash.

I theorised likewise earlier as well James. I think one of the main things is while some parts of the lyrics fit for a description for Slash others don't. However all of the song could fit how Axl feels towards, if not the fans, most definetly the media and the press about him since the original band split.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ease up on the arguments guys...everyone has an opinion and all are valid..but this is a time when we should be united for once...we are near the promised land. Hopefully Del James is right and Axl is working on a biography of some kind then we will know both sides of the story

as for Slash being a sellout or one dimensional. I really doubt it. He has a huge resume with more artists than you can imagine ranging in all genres of music..there are equal arguments for both sides so lets just drop it here

thanks smile

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

I'm totally digging "Sorry", I think it's may be the best song on the album.  Finck has actually suprised me with some tasty acoustic guitar work.  The backing vocals done by Baz are great aswell.

Anyone else notice that the song is in 3/4 time? (possibly 6/8 time)  You can fucking waltz to it.  Ok now I'm tripping out.  This is probably why I thought it had a "Shine on you crazy diamond" feel about it.

Dont Try Me
 Rep: 0 

Dont Try Me wrote:

Sorry, man that song kicks some ass! Fastly becoming my favorite as well!

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

i've been outta internet for 2 days and it seems that sorry and scraped are cleaned????
anyone can hook me up with a megaupload link 'cuz i'm at a public place with no rapidshare access?\thanx

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

ok...enough with the requests on the forum already..please use pms of you are looking for anything...people who are discussing the leaks more than likely have them, and we are a nice bunch around here...all ya gotta do is ask around someone will help you out...for those who dont wanna help out, word'll get around and maybe you will be remembered next time you yourself ask for a favour...'There Was A Time' when there was actually no requests posted on this forum...somewhere along the line we lost that, i'd like to get it back cuz it sucks reading a thread when 25% of the posts are pm requests

cheers and thanks for the cooperation

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

disclaimer

the above post doesnt mean that we dont want to talk about the leaks or that we are keeping anythign from anybody...there are just other ways of getting what you are all after wink we used to delete all posts with requests and we've become a bit lax...but it really does disrupt the discussions 19

jppgnr
 Rep: 18 

jppgnr wrote:

could someone helP Me out with the clwan leaks

Board footer