You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: James Hetfield comments on Axl Rose

hetfield was jealous of axl on the tour, hence the comments. i was expecting drama when i clicked on the link tbh.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Guitar playing on Death Magnetic WAY >  than CD

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

hetfield was jealous of axl on the tour, hence the comments. i was expecting drama when i clicked on the link tbh.

That always makes me laugh.  Hetfield has nothing to be jealous of Axl for.  If people would say he's jealous of Bono I would get it but Axl?  Come on!  I like GNR way more than Metallica but if asked I'd much rather have Hetfield's career than Axl's.

Captain Winkler

the point is, not GNR's career, both have sold 100million units worldwide so neither is more successful than the other, but his talent as a frontman. axl is everything james is not, talented, enigmatic, charismatic, and axl's voice>everyone in rock history bar freddie mercury. you don't poke fun at people you're not frustrated or intimidated by, why do you think axl never rebuked? cause hetfield is of no consequence to axl.

Captain Winkler

D-Machine wrote:

while you're entitled to your opinion, your opinion is wrong in this case. enjoy being so negative that you're as delusional as the people on the other side of the spectrum.

Thanks for turning something positive into something negative.

Captain Winkler

no problem, now you know how i feel every time tejanus and buzz post about the nugnr.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'll be the first to admit being a big Metallica fan, but I'm also just as a big GN'R fan. And for people to say James Hetfield has no talent, they obviously haven't seen the band live. Not only is he one hell of a frontman, he is also a fucking awesome guitarist AND singer. You think singing is tough on it's own? Try singing AND playing the difficult stuff he plays on guitar at the SAME time, like he does.

Like Axl, James Hetfield as a frontman, is a rock legend. And to say he has no talent because he slagged Axl for his primaddona rock star demands and antics 15 years ago, is just plain ignorant.

Anyway, it's good to see James making some cool comments about Axl. I guess time and sobriety has definitely changed his outlook on him.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

while you're entitled to your opinion, your opinion is wrong in this case.

I think we need to hear the full album before we can work out that one. Frankly I would be surprised if CD ended up as an overall more impressive guitar album than DM, simply bu virtue of the fact that Metallica is totally guitar and drum driven music. At least 1/2 the songs on the GNR record are heavily ballad/paino driven....and even with the rockers...in terms of complex guitar...the rhythm part to something like IRS is dwarfed by something like Broken Beat and Scarred in terms of the amount of patterns and changes to learn. Solo wise...well GNR has incredible solos from Bucket and Bumble...but they are generally brief from what we've heard.

Anyway i love both bands...and CD may turn out to be better album than DM in terms of the songs overall...but i'm saying if you want to talk just about the guitar parts...then CD won't have anywhere near the amount of guitar on it....

Board footer