You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: The Great GNR Message Forum Sell out

DCK wrote:

First time I watched foxnews I was pretty damn shocked about their coverage of news compared to my domestic media channels of all kinds. But that's how it is in the world now, the truth twisted into the unknown.

I run a board, another band, completely different thing. Very small stuff. I jumped in when the official one got closed and raised hell. The singer quit 6 months before that. And so we had a Axl vs Slash thing on our hands, only different names, different band and different situation.

I went with the singer. 3 years later I can say I did the absolute right decision. While still fan of his old band, it's not where my interest lies. A few month later and I had both singers on me, both old and new. One telling me "listen, this and this is a complete lie, please help me to try to get thru to the fans and tell them without me having anything to do with it officially".

The other one, the new one, asked me for chats and interviews trying to build a bridge between the alienated fans and themselves.

Listen, it's easy to go with it if Axl or whoever the fuck calls. I wouldn't say I like HTGTH and their censorship, but I won't be blaming Jarmo for agreeing to it. Look what he gets out of it. If you don't like it, you stay away. I mostly do.

I still run forum where everyone can say whatever the fuck they like, but I also run a board for the singer which I control. You can't have fucktarts around talking shit about everything and everyone. Not when you got managers, promotional people and interested listeners coming in to check what it's all about. When the first thing they meet is "this song is fucking crap" and a dozen others of those, it doesn't do good for anyone. There is a limit to everything. I haven't deleted one post yet though, all well inside the limits to what I allow.

Some people won't be positive even if Axl came to their house and did a private show. It's how it is. And the amount of people being simply crazy annoying fucks with a brain IQ of 50 are everywhere. And they speak their minds too. A lot. Some people are so fucking crazy they're ready to do anything just because views are shared, opinions divided and rumours fly around. I've had lead guitar players send messages to the forum thru their "spokesperson" telling us to "shut the fuck up and pay respect" when we discuss his drug abuse while 4 months later he openly speaks about it in a book and it's all over the media.

There's so much shit going around you wouldn't know. So much fucking lobbying, people being shit scared of their image and afraid of the truth getting out. So many lies that can hurt you and your band and even your family.

All I'm saying, I don't like the extreme censorship of HTGTH. He's mixing the cards. It's not official, it's a fan board. You can't play both sides of the game. I've tried.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'd be positive if Axl comes to my house for a private show.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Here is another spin for you

It wouldn't bother me as bad if they just admitted it. But to hear it, nothing has changed and no one is influencing them to censor and do this and that. Just man up and admit it. Hell, no one can blame someone for taking a deal of a lifetime but it is sort of a selling your soul to the devil kind of thing.

Captain Fonz, I don't get where u say I hate the new band. I love the new band, i just hate over zealous Axl lites who think they have to shit on the old band to show their allegiance to the new.

Captain Fonz is the attitude I am talking about. Are u telling me, to be a fan, I have to love and worship every single note, every single thing Axl or GNR do?

Hell no I don't have to. I think CD was a horrible choice for a first single when you have Better and If The World and even Shackler's sitting there. CD has a long ass intro, no hooks, doesn't show off Axl's range or ability.

just cause I don't agree with something, doesn't mean I am not just a hardcore fan as GNR forum Admins.

I also love the whole Slash is a "media whore"

See, I laugh at all these zealous fans and their ridiculous comments because they are gonna bite u in the fucking ass watch and see.

Slash did Guitar Hero III and I hear all these people shitting on it. Axl does Rock band 2 and its the best thing.

Its the same thing. They aren't in the game, but thats just a loophole

then u have the media thing, Well, Slash hasn't been out of the public eye for a decade. Wait till CD gets rolling and I guarantee Axl becomes a media whore from hell doing all sorts of shit, cause guess what? Its entertainment! U have to.
just like with the 3 cover thing. When Slash did it with VR all these Axl Lites and Admins were like "See, Slash ripping off the fans making them buy 3 covers.

When Axl was gonna do it, WHERE DO I PREORDER!!!!!!!

i just hate hypocritical shit. If its fucked up for one person to do it, its fucked for the other as well.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

AC/DC did it as well. I mean they had like 4 or 5 different versions of black ice. The only difference? The coloring of the AC/DC on the front lol

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

D-Machine wrote:

Captain Fonz is the attitude I am talking about. Are u telling me, to be a fan, I have to love and worship every single note, every single thing Axl or GNR do?

where in my post did i say that? ok so this might be difficult to grasp, but i'll explain my post pointed out the inconsistency on GNR forums, people bash axl just as much as they bash slash, yet in this thread so many people are being vocal about all these no good VR and slash bashers.

also you raised a point about people showing their allegiance to the new band by insulting the old, you fail to realise at the other end of the spectrum there are people who bash the new band to prove their loyalty to the old, as if 'proving your loyalty' can actually be accomplished on a message board.

the motive behind my original post was to point out the fact that their are two sides of the spectrum, but instead you totally misinterpret it, congratulations.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

CD as the first single raised my eyebrows to. They're still raised. tongue

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

its entertaining to skimp through the opinions of the radicals on both sides i noticed again big_smile

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ive always prided myself on being as middle of the road as possible, whether it be politics or this band.

I take up for Axl when he is right, I take up for Slash when he is right or what have you.

If the threads still existed at HTGTH, I have made threads in the past telling people why GNR are still GNR without the old members, I have started threads saying how Pitman will be the MVP of GNR and judging by certain things, he has been, I have made just as many pro GNR threads as negative ones.

My main theme has always been this, I think CD can be a better album than Appetite.

BUT u have to let the damn thing be released first.

People saying Finck is a better guitar player than Slash pisses me off. I am not bashing the new band, I am bashing misinformed fans who to me are clueless.

U are correct Winkler, there are plenty of people who bash the new to show allegiance to the old and I am against all of that.

I love the old band, and I love the new band but u aren't going to disrespect and take away the contributions of the old members to make the new seem better.

That is what I see a lot of and what I am protesting against. The fans who worship Axl and obey the Admins who philosophies are, if you don't agree with 100 percent of everything Axl does, u aren't a fan and are a troll.

I have been called a troll several times and its ridiculous. Yeah, I am a troll who has been a member for 5 years and damn near 17k posts. Trolls don't last that long.

I speak what I feel is the truth.

In my opinion, Slash and Axl are both to blame. neither more than the other. I can see Axl's reasons, I can see Slash and Co.'s reasons.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

foxnews think they are middle of the road too big_smile msnbc thinks they are middle of the road too big_smile

it means nothing looking at how they behave. and this goes for the radicals on both sides in the gnr community (or any other band)....the slash fangirls and axl fangirls. they both believe they are middle of the road while the things they say proves the opposite.

its pointless, like it changes something. i mean why get angry when someone says finck is better than slash? i think they both are overrated boring guitarists these days, what? lol. go to the slash or vr forum and say that, see what happens to you.

and why get upset when people say axl is mentaly ill and a control freak....he is, it's a fact, lol.

forget all that rubbish and listen to the music, period. and to me personally, what i hear coming from axl sounds much much better than what i heard the last years from slash. eventhough slash actually released stuff and i only heard demos from axl.

Board footer