You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Chinese Democracy Liner Note Discussions *EXTREME SPOILERS*

Axl S wrote:

Is it possible that this was leaked by management to get us to do the proofing:haha:

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Is it possible that this was leaked by management to get us to do the proofing:haha:

I think you may be onto something there.  Some of us think that alot of the leaks were done by management.  Its more than possible they are doing a controlled leak of the album and information.  I know I've read before about certain artists leaking it themselves, that way they control when it happens.  I remember when Kid Rock's album leaked it was the edited version...sorta like the AIM noises and skipping maybe. 

Also, when have you ever heard of the booklet that comes with the album leaking?  I used to grab alot of leaks and I've never once even heard of something like that.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

i guess brains out the band then with frank being the pic of the drummer in the book ?

There is a picture of Brain on the Sorry lyrics page. That's him isn't it?

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

i guess brains out the band then with frank being the pic of the drummer in the book ?

There is a picture of Brain on the Sorry lyrics page. That's him isn't it?

Yeah it is Brain. My favorite picture out of all of them too! He looks intense

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

a little too much "orchestral arrangements" and "drum programming" for my taste. sad

this is a 2001 album. it's a shame he couldn't release it then. IF there are future albums, maybe they will have more recent contributions.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

could someone send me a pm please?

Dont Try Me
 Rep: 0 

Dont Try Me wrote:

hello, just registered. Nice there is a place where things can be discussed altough it's a bit ahead in sceduale wink

Could I have a pm too please?

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

i love the booklet i think is really cool one.

hint - i still dont the front and back cover though.

JKL
 Rep: 0 

JKL wrote:

Someone kind enough to send me a PM, please?

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Anyone notice Doug Goldstein is thanked twice in Axl's list but no thanks for Merck! Or Tom Zutaut. Wonder if Mysteron is in there under his real name?  As for formula 1's Kimi Raikkonnen - wtf? lol

The fact that Buckethead got a chance to thank people and the fact he thanked Axl and Gnr shows he was at least consulted about the album release and suggests relations have improved.

Can't believe how much work BBF did - it means nearly every song was worked on in the last two years. I still prefer Brian May's work on Catcher. It suits the song perfect. Axl and Pitman both said he was the best guitarist ever so it seems an insult to take him off.

James Lofton's thoughts on Huge and Fortus came to mind as soon as I saw the liner notes so not surprised to see you mention it.

Some of the credits are funny (Axl's vocals produced by Axl!!).

Surprised its BH not Finck doing the solo on If The World - i was sure that was Finck - my ear isn't as good as i thought. Wasn't the outro solo of the Blues originally played by Fortus even in 2002? Correct me if im wrong on that.

That was some of my initial observations.

I think the artwork is ok, pictures of each member - I really wasn't expecting anything amazing - a picture of the band would be nice but it seems Axl considers 11 people to be in the Chinese Democracy band (judging by who got to say thank you).

Board footer