You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: My guitar complaint *spoilers included*

war wrote:
Backslash wrote:

^ Listen, we don't insult other members around here.  It's that simple.  Calling someone an idiot is an insult.  Plain and simple.

we're not supposed to insult band members either

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Hate to break it to you, Buckethead doesn't have to prove he can fill Slash's shoes. He's a better fuckin' guitar player.

This is your opinion, correct?  I hate to break it to you, but I know a LOT of musicians that prefer a Slash/Hendrix style to a BH/EVH style.  Many people list Hendrix as the best ever, yet he's nowhere near the technical player BH is.  Yet somehow they consider him the best...interesting.

I haven't heard the new songs yet, but for GnR, I agree with the original post.  I think Slash fits the style of the band better than BH does, and I'm not alone.  I said that years ago and it still holds true today.

I was in your boat, buzzsaw, but then I heard some BH stuff that was pretty heavy.  Can't remember the names or anything, but the songs were great.  Too bad most of what he's doing in these songs are way way technical and less about emotion.  I'd like to hear what he would've done if he concentrated more on the mood of the song and less on tapping his guitar like a clitoris.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

jesus christ you act as if i just called him a rapist, 'IDIOT' OH NO SHIT HOW DO YOU PEOPLE COPE IN THE REAL WORLD?!?! assume the fetal position if someone says a swear word?

It's about respect, clearly something you lack. Just relax and quit playing the "omgzitzjusttehinternets" douchebag in every thread

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
Backslash wrote:

^ Listen, we don't insult other members around here.  It's that simple.  Calling someone an idiot is an insult.  Plain and simple.

I saw where he insulted a band member's playing...where did he insult the person?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Backslash wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Hate to break it to you, Buckethead doesn't have to prove he can fill Slash's shoes. He's a better fuckin' guitar player.

This is your opinion, correct?  I hate to break it to you, but I know a LOT of musicians that prefer a Slash/Hendrix style to a BH/EVH style.  Many people list Hendrix as the best ever, yet he's nowhere near the technical player BH is.  Yet somehow they consider him the best...interesting.

I haven't heard the new songs yet, but for GnR, I agree with the original post.  I think Slash fits the style of the band better than BH does, and I'm not alone.  I said that years ago and it still holds true today.

I was in your boat, buzzsaw, but then I heard some BH stuff that was pretty heavy.  Can't remember the names or anything, but the songs were great.  Too bad most of what he's doing in these songs are way way technical and less about emotion.  I'd like to hear what he would've done if he concentrated more on the mood of the song and less on tapping his guitar like a clitoris.

I like a lot of BH's solo stuff.  I don't think it fits what I see as GnR's sound, but obviously Axl feels differently and he has a little more say on it than I do.  I think BH is an amazing talent, but I think it's misused in GnR.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
war wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I didn't read that in the mantra... wink

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I saw where he insulted a band member's playing...where did he insult the person?

he likened the rest of the band to meatloaf 16

war

war wrote:
Backslash wrote:
war wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I didn't read that in the mantra... wink

james has asked us not to do so but i was making a joke

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

he likened the rest of the band to meatloaf 16

Meatloaf has sold a lot of records.  This lineup could only hope to be as fortunate.

war

war wrote:

pleas tell me you realize this is going to sell well?

Board footer