You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Crazy Theory regarding CD and Reunion

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Slash & Duff will agree to anything as long as there's several zeros on a paycheck.

Chris is no big deal. Old GN'R had Teddy Zig Zag back in the day, and Chris is far more a member of GN'R then Teddy.

It all comes down to that 3 guitarists thing. I think Ron stays.

Having all the keyboardists, the female background singers, etc. is exactly what Slash, Duff, and Matt complained about.

As for the paycheck, Slash said that money was not an issue...that he wants "mutual respect" between he and Axl, and that it's a long way from ever happening. I don't think the guy is hurting for money at all so I doubt he'd do it just for the money. Pink Floyd turned down $250 million to tour after their incredible performance at Live 8 a few years ago.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I disagree with everything you said.

Slash put together the backup singers, he was the music director of the band then. Sorta. But the idea was Axl's, and he took it from The Rolling Stones.

Slash & money. He would have never left GN'R if money was such an issue for him. He could have done sideprojects and remained doing nothing in GN'R. He decided to quit after a semi-successful (in GN'R terms: unsuccessful) solo album and went to the unkown. He has balls.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Azoff definitely has plans...

Apparently, he's eyed out GNR every time there's been a shift in management; the aftermath of the '02, which led to Doug Goldstein passing the mantle full-time to Merck, and Merck's '06 resignation from Sanctuary, which was when he was rumored to take Axl straight to Frontline with him.

Azoff has the brass and the resources to milk the GNR brand for all its worth. He knows it's the industrys great untapped cash-cow in more than one sense. On one hand, you have the legendary studio album, which may or may not be a hit. On the other hand, you have the Axl & Slash reunion, which is money in the bank with the right setup - guaranteed (I need not remind you that Azoff's playing ball with Ticketmaster - wink, wink, nudge, nudge.).

This year was the ideal moment to step in and start looking into the situation. The album was done, all it needed was someone savvy enough to coerce Geffen to play ball. If anyone, Azoff was that man, hands down. Ax wants this band and album to run its course and Azoff obviously plays along - but a reunion is never too far away from his thoughts, and if CD tanks, he shouldn't have too much trouble to persuade Ax to run with the idea of a reunion in order to save face/career by and large and make a nice chunk of money on the side.

The band name alone is golden, and even if CD does well and is permitted to some 'follow-up' releases from the same sessions, Ax is still set for a reunion, because that would strengthen his legacy even more. In that scenario, he chose his own path, followed it through, came back with a winner, cleaned his plate and is nothing but ready to welcome Slash back to the jungle with open arms.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I kinda don't want to see a reunion at the moment - what the new band's producing is vastly more interesting than what a reunited GN'R would be doing.

I mean, if you look at Izzy's fairly average stuff over the years since he left GN'R, add the material Slash came up with for VR... it's not that great. It's good, but it's not Appetite-troubling material.

On the other hand, I would gnaw off my left arm to see Fortus sharing a stage with Slash. As I've said before, in the event of a reunion, Axl would want to maintain the balance of power between his people and the old GN'R guys, so were it ever to happen, I'd expect to see the likes of Pitman, Dizzy, Fortus and Frank sticking around (Fortus being the most likely, assuming Izzy doesn't want to tour).

But I'd much rather watch Axl doing his thing with Finck and Ron. And let the VR guys shift their collective arse in gear and hire Chester Bennington, Linkin Park be damned.

VR are clearly holding out to see how Chinese Democracy does; if it bombs, a reunion is on the cards for them, if it succeeds, they'll start aggressively pursuing a new singer.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Duff wouldn't jump on anything for the money. Why people see him as a money grubbing whore is beyond me.

And I dont see anything pointing to Axl wanting or needing a reunion.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

Duff wouldn't jump on anything for the money. Why people see him as a money grubbing whore is beyond me.

And I dont see anything pointing to Axl wanting or needing a reunion.

Axl controls the reunion and he has NEVER said he wants one. Too funny.....:haha::headbang:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

The last he did was in 2002.

I do not believe in any true effort or potential regarding most of my past relationship from the other party or parties, creatively or emotionally. Without that the money from a reunion doesn't mean much and though I'm sure the alumni is up for it for me it would be as or more lacking than it was during our attempts to work together previously. As a friend and former friend of Slash said to me in regards to working with Slash, "you can only do so many pull ups."

[...] Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does. Duff's support for the man though understandable in one sense in regard to his circumstances, is inexcusable, and furthers my distance from the two of them. For me Matt doesn't figure into the equation and for as much as I was a friend to him he was incapable of reciprocating and life is much better without such an obvious albatross.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the alumni in regard to their prior performances on record or touring to support the albums. I know how I was treated and more importantly I know how they treated others during both of these things, it's not a way anyone should be forced or even asked to work.

And for the record I'm referring to Slash and Matt in regards to their actions and behavior, Duff played more of a supporting role (for reasons I've never understood). For the fans to attempt to condemn me to relationships even only professional with any of these men is a prison sentence and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea. - Axl, 08/14/02

Sky Dog wrote:

unfortunately, his sentence got extended another 6 years! He is actually a free man once he dumps this album.

Board footer