You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: To Bucket, GNR is a 'dirty word'

tejastech08 wrote:

Big Bri, I've been intrigued by Bucket and this is something I've always wondered. Since you mentioned that he doesn't talk, do you mean that literally or just with regard to in public? Like when he was working on Chinese D, did he talk to Axl? There had to be some kind of communication right? He's a massive talent, that's for sure. Weird as hell, but incredibly talented. I'm forever grateful to him for the TWAT solo alone, never mind all the other kickass stuff from him on the album. Swear to God, that TWAT solo is just as good as anything Slash ever did. Has the same "soul" that people always claim new GN'R lacks yet incredible virtuosity at the same time.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

There is a guy who posts on another GnR forum who has contact with Bucket and his people.  Earlier this year he said something along the lines of "I wouldn't wish that on Bucket" when commenting on Bucket rejoining GnR.  But after the Dr. Pepper comment from Axl about sharing his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead, he said that he wouldn't rule out Bucket and Axl working together again in some capacity in the future

Do you have links to this guys qoutes?

Regarding the unpleasant experience, could this be due the fact that Bucket worked very hard on the album only to never have it officially released?  I know it would really piss me off if I put so much work into something that never saw the light of day.  Maybe with the release of the album his feelings may change?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Big Bri, I've been intrigued by Bucket and this is something I've always wondered. Since you mentioned that he doesn't talk, do you mean that literally or just with regard to in public? Like when he was working on Chinese D, did he talk to Axl? There had to be some kind of communication right?

He definitely talks behind the scenes, just not to fans. I've seen him talking to his roadies on the side of the stage at some of the shows I've been to.

That's why the story floating around the forums that Bucket said something to someone at the Hammerstein shows is a complete and utter lie. Never happened.

As for the CD sessions, I'm sure he probably talked to Axl (when he was there) and most of the others, but never when cameras were rollling, you can guarantee that.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
bucketfan wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

There is a guy who posts on another GnR forum who has contact with Bucket and his people.  Earlier this year he said something along the lines of "I wouldn't wish that on Bucket" when commenting on Bucket rejoining GnR.  But after the Dr. Pepper comment from Axl about sharing his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead, he said that he wouldn't rule out Bucket and Axl working together again in some capacity in the future

Regarding the unpleasant experience, could this be due the fact that Bucket worked very hard on the album only to never have it officially released?  I know it would really piss me off if I put so much work into something that never saw the light of day.  Maybe with the release of the album his feelings may change?

I'm not sure who the source is, maybe Saul at HTGTH. Saul runs Buckethead.tk, and he has heard the new album. He mentioned something about it today actually. I personally think he heard it several weeks ago if not longer. He said Bucket's best work on CD had not yet been heard, and now that I read the comments in the leaks thread, that seems to be the consensus. The week CD was offically announed, he said before it happened that big news was coming "in the next few days."

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Big Bri, I've been intrigued by Bucket and this is something I've always wondered. Since you mentioned that he doesn't talk, do you mean that literally or just with regard to in public? Like when he was working on Chinese D, did he talk to Axl? There had to be some kind of communication right?

He definitely talks behind the scenes, just not to fans. I've seen him talking to his roadies on the side of the stage at some of the shows I've been to.

That's why the story floating around the forums that Bucket said something to someone at the Hammerstein shows is a complete and utter lie. Never happened.

As for the CD sessions, I'm sure he probably talked to Axl (when he was there) and most of the others, but never when cameras were rollling, you can guarantee that.

Do you think that he records in the studio in his costume or does he just act like a normal guitarist behind the scenes (no cameras obviously)?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
bucketfan wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

I'm not sure who the source is, maybe Saul at HTGTH. Saul runs Buckethead.tk, and he has heard the new album. He mentioned something about it today actually. I personally think he heard it several weeks ago if not longer. He said Bucket's best work on CD had not yet been heard, and now that I read the comments in the leaks thread, that seems to be the consensus. The week CD was offically announed, he said before it happened that big news was coming "in the next few days."

So I take it you haven't heard the most recent leaks? Well, I still feel his TWAT solo is the best guitar work on the entire album. Sends chills down my spine every time I hear it. His solo in "Sorry" kicks ass, especially considering the strong possibility that Axl's lyrics are directed at Slash. It is a very Slash-esque "soulful" solo. I need to listen closer to the guitar work in "Scraped." It's a good song but I've been obsessed with "Sorry." It's my new favorite on the album, precisely because the musicianship is top notch and I feel it's the strongest lyrics Axl has written in a long, long time. Hatred can be a hell of an inspiration. 16

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Do you think that he records in the studio in his costume or does he just act like a normal guitarist behind the scenes (no cameras obviously)?

Well, there are pics over at TDRSmusic.com, the site for the studio where he often records, where he has a mask on, but not the full costume. Of course, a camera was there, so who knows how he records when it is just him and someone he knows well, like Travis Dickerson or Bootsy Collins.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I have not heard the new leaks. I can wait. I'm dying to hear Sorry, though, based on everyone's comments.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I have not heard the new leaks. I can wait. I'm dying to hear Sorry, though, based on everyone's comments.

I think it will blow you away. Amazing work by the band as a whole. Can't get its chorus out of my head.

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

I would guess being in a band with lesser talents, take Finck for instance, would get old very quickly for an elite talent like Bucket.

While there had to be other reasons, that's a good point. Standing next to Finck and Fortus had to make him chuckle, especially if he read fan forums and saw GNR fans shitting on him while calling someone who didn't do jack shit a guitar god.

I wouldn't come back if I was him either.

GNR fans have to eat crow now that they see he was a dominating factor in the Chinese Democracy sessions. He's been gone almost five years, yet he's all over the record.

GNr fans also have to eat crow regarding all the hatred towards Paul Tobias over the years.

Its impossible to like this album without acknowledging the talents and contributions of Buckethead and Paul Tobias.

I would have to fall more in the I think Bucket got tired of
1.  Not being the only lead guitarist. and 
2. Looking at the other guys around him and chuckling. I don't have specific quotes but I damn sure remember a ton of rumors from some slightly credible sources that Robin and Bucket did not "jive'.

Board footer