You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: Chinese Democracy Breakdown

harmon420 wrote:

Great information. Thanks

It seemed like we were so close so many time. I wonder what all the material that ends up on the cutting room floor sounds like.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

wow, that must have took some time

cheers

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

It is just truly amazing to read all that.  You joke about how long it's taken, but you just kind of shrug it off.  Then you read that and wow!  The separation between dates of interviews and how much further along are we then we were back in 1999?  Okay, I'd like to think we are much further along, but still, you know what I mean?

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

DCK wrote:

We've sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. Blah, blah, blah. If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing.

About this quote. You can clearly tell how insecure he is. He tells us it's almost ready but then he frantically backpaddles and makes sure that if it doesn't happen then that part is covered too. He's not being unstable IMO, he's being very insecure.

ach. that just breaks my heart a little bit. it doesn't necessarily surprise me about his insecurity - all true artists have it to some degree. but to say this:

If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing.

wow. so absolutely wrong, that is. IMHO of course but i'm sure some of you might...possibly...agree? 10 18 big_smile

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I do understand though.

I will never compare, but i have written stories, some are as old as 10 years now and i haven't shown them to editors. Some close ones tell me i am pathetic and should, but fear is fear and insecurity is deeper than the love  i am shown or the trust in my golden little hands as some say.

I am ever so glad axl surpassed this.
Because he is now free to move on.

And free to consider himself an artist in his own right, without the band that made him hugely successfull.

At long last.

If it hadn't happened, maybe we would not have missed a thing, but axl would have missed the road to his own self.
This would have been the deepest pity.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Your right Jessica, one can hope the airing of these old ghost will release him from his past.. The past is history. I hope he will at least consider reaching out to the old band one day. He seems to me to be caught in the loop of endless anxiety manifesting as a circular patterns of Anxiety  This is so typically associated with childhood PTS its a wonder no one has been able to show him, he s smart, no one wants to stay this way, its miserable.
In part I think it's why we all pull for him, we are waiting for that breakthrough. It is just one record he probably has ten better ones in the bag...RAW WAR. Going through similar issues myself, over produced music, think I am just going to record it all over again live and f all the production.... Not like I am going to Master it within the Radio Monopoly frequency anyway...

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

SV, don't you record it all over again, it's like me correcting my stories for years becuse i'm not happy with wording ....

Lets just bloody do it !!!

As for William, well, i am sure he will find a way out.

Lomax wrote:

128868388908586564.jpg

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Unstickied this thread to clean up the GNR forum and it hasn't had a reply in over a year. A permanent easy link back to this topic can be found on the Chinese Democracy page in the GNR Discography.

Board footer