You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Axl No. 64 In Rolling Stone Greatest Singers List

gnfnraxl wrote:

For shits and giggles this is MY top ten greatest frontmen of all time.

1) Elvis Presley: I think I made it clear why I think he's the best.

2) Freddy Mercury: The guy had charisma and knew how to put on a fantastic show.  He had an amazing band behind him but nonetheless.

3) Axl Rose: The guy would hypnotize the crowd with his snakedance and then knock you out with his voice.  No wonder GNR had so many riots when they toured.  People knew that they were in for the performance of a lifetime and when they didn't get it, they were pissed.

4) Mick Jagger: Here is another guy that could do it all.  When you see the Stones you know Mick is gonna give it is all.  Even now at his age he owns most frontmen that could be his kids.

5) Stven Tyler: Another guy that has amazing stage presence.  Some will say he copies Jagger and maybe they're right.  But at 58 or 59 the guy will give you a show that most new bands could only dream of being able to be half as good.

6) Robert Plant: Another guy that would hypnotize you with his move and knock you out with his voice.  Just an amazing frontman.

7) Bono: The guy knows how to put on a show.  His performance at Live Aid 2 when he sang One and Unchained melody sent shivers up my spine.  It's not luck that U2 is considered today's biggest act.  Bono is a huge reason why.

8) Eddie Vedder: What a powerful voice!  A Pearl Jam concert will be memorable and Vedder is a huge reason why.

9) Jon Bon Jovi: Love him or hate him and most people hate him, you gotta give credit where credit is due and JBJ will give you his all in concert.  Saw them once and I tell you that he is a great frontman.

10) Jim Morrison: The guy was mesmerizing.  Nuff said.

I left out some amazing frontmen.  But that's the beauty of this.  It can give some great debates.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Its a damn shame that all the good ones are getting up there in age. There's not much out there today.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

Fuck!  That gave me goosebumps.  Nice find madagas!  I'm gonna watch Elvis's comeback show tonight.

And NYGiants82 you bet it's a damn shame that the good ones are getting old.  Cause right now I can't see anyone coming up that has a tenth of talent that the old ones have.  The music industry is going in the gutter because the record company can't find anybody to pick things up.  I don't know if it's by lack of talent or by sheer stupidity from the record execs but I haven't seen a decent new act in ages.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bono at his best...talk about giving me shivers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnXOSxka1Q

Sky Dog wrote:

Mick at his best....I'm on a roll...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euOrnZZkzKg

Sky Dog wrote:
gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Bowie is very good.  Nice finds madagas.  Know what pissed me off about new so called rock acts?  They'll do interviews and complain at how much say Bon Jovi sucks.  All I wanna tell them is that yeah maybe just maybe Bon Jovi sucks.  But know what's sadder?  You suck even more.  And that is bad.  Go back to your fucking basement and when you can come up with music to make a record that is just decent then do interviews and say that Bon Jovi or other acts suck.  In the meantime just shut the fuck up!  And a band that is popular for the last few years that comes to mind that sucks is Nickelback.  And I am Canadian.  Buy any Nickelback record, just one and you have them all cause they all sound the same.  Anyways rant over.  *lol*

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Bret Michaels is very good IMO...Poison puts on a very good show

Phil Anselmo is a god as are Dave Mustaine, Scott Weiland and Maynard James Keeton

Wayne Satic from Static X and Adam Gontier from 3 Days Grace

all amazing frontmen from bands i have seen

Sky Dog wrote:

Maynard from Tool is definitely great...

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I don't know if it's by lack of talent or by sheer stupidity from the record execs but I haven't seen a decent new act in ages.

They must be out there, just not getting picked up with all the manufactured crap that's around.  The singer from The Answer is great, almost a dead ringer for Robert Plant.  Not very original though.

Board footer