You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GNR Evo members' Chinese Democracy reviews thread

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article. … &fext=.jsp

That review right there is fucking disgusting. the had to be paid to write it by someone within the band I'm sure. It's pathetic. And if they weren't bribed to write it the band(Axl) and it's management is stilll pathetic for posting it on the official site.  Only a fucking lowlife loser would buy into any of that shit. This is reason enough not to buy the album. Illusions bloated? Gee  I wonder why? who in Gn'R would have the audacity to make a bloated record? Then it goes on to say Slash and Co. ruined the Illusions? Ummmm contradiction. The old guys wanted to tone it down and the reviewer says the albums were bloated? Fuck this shit and fuck new Gn'R for puting such trash on their website. I'd quit if I was Ron or anyone else in this band. This has got to be absolutely embarassing for the guys in the band besides Axl.

I dont' care what anyone says. This is a blatant slap in the face to the old band and an all out insult to the fans intelligence.

I agree in general with you, except for the fact that there has been just as much vitriol written about the new band by people who refuse to even give the music a chance. The problem with this particular review, however, is that someone in the organization decided to post this on the official website. Classless move. It'd be like if Slash posted one of the many negative reviews about CD on his website with a "ha ha, told you so..." type of message.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I agree in general with you, except for the fact that there has been just as much vitriol written about the new band by people who refuse to even give the music a chance. The problem with this particular review, however, is that someone in the organization decided to post this on the official website. Classless move. It'd be like if Slash posted one of the many negative reviews about CD on his website with a "ha ha, told you so..." type of message.

Totally. I agree there's alot of shit written about the new band without even hearing the music and that's lame but the fact this has been put on the official site is disgusting. By doing so it's basically been approved by the band. All in one swoop Axl has(tried to) discredited two albums that fans love and for some are even beter than his nostalgia trip AFD. Is this Axl's way of burying AFD? by approving  comments like "It's not AFD but it's much more consitent than the bloated Illusions"  This reaks of zero self confidence by Axl(I'm not even gonna say band anymore). It's laughable and it's  an insult to fans. It's almost a new low. I mena to ahve something so insanely ridiculous put on your official site in an attempt to garner interest for your album is pathetic.  How many pople will not buy CD now just outta spite?

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Oh my God, yeah, I can't believe they posted a positive review about the album from a major newspaper

The gaul!  The insanity!

I mean yeah it may be an asshole move in some ways but if they're going to post any reviews from major, reputable sources at all that might as well be one of them.  Especially because it's so positive about the new band, and because so much shit has been rained on guys who played on this album who did nothing to deserve it

Bono

Bono wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

Oh my God, yeah, I can't believe they posted a positive review about the album from a major newspaper

The gaul!  The insanity!

I mean yeah it may be an asshole move in some ways but if they're going to post any reviews from major, reputable sources at all that might as well be one of them.  Especially because it's so positive about the new band, and because so much shit has been rained on guys who played on this album who did nothing to deserve it

It's not about being positive it's about being so god damn disrespectful of the old band. It's about trying to discredit the past while boosting their own ego. the review for the first three paragraphs basically goes off on how bad Slash was. It has more to do with trying to tarnish the past than embrace the present.  If you can't see what's wrong with this being posted on the official site than that in itself is pathetic.  Axl should have(but doesn't) the confidence to let the album stand on it's own. Even the fans preach this but instead they put up a  review that rather than  saying why the new album is good it's saying here's why Slash was too shitty to make such a  quality album.  It reaks of a desperate attempt at giving the album Gn'R cred by trying to discredit the original Gn'R guitarist.  It's weak. It's laughable and it's pathetic.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bono wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

The gaul!  The insanity!

It's not about being positive it's about being so god damn disrespectful of the old band. It's about trying to discredit the past while boosting their own ego. the review for the first three paragraphs basically goes off on how bad Slash was. It has more to do with trying to tarnish the past than embrace the present.  If you can't see what's wrong with this being posted on the official site than that in itself is pathetic.  Axl should have(but doesn't) the confidence to let the album stand on it's own. Even the fans preach this but instead they put up a  review that rather than  saying why the new album is good it's saying here's why Slash was too shitty to make such a  quality album.  It reaks of a desperate attempt at giving the album Gn'R cred by trying to discredit the original Gn'R guitarist.  It's weak. It's laughable and it's pathetic.

At this point I'm wondering why is Beta, Fernando and Del so afraid of Slash?  Why this obsession on him?

shotgunblues1978

Bono wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

The gaul!  The insanity!

Sorry, just don't care

Maybe Axl is bitter and vindictive, but I honestly don't care.  It's not like I'm hoping to be best friends with the guy.  I like him because his music speaks to me in a way that few other musicians do

You could make a laundry list of actions and comments from both Axl and Slash that make them look petty, bitter, and childish.  Both of them, at the end of the day, are very childlike, albeit in completely different ways.  It's about the music to me.  I don't really give a shit about the rest of the drama

I don't care if Axl "insults" me, I don't know him and he doesn't know me.  But bottom line, getting irate over the fact that his camp posted a positive article about his album from a legit news  source on the website is pretty hysterical.  Childish and petty as this may be, you are taking it way too seriously, way too personally

ShoGunslinger
 Rep: 1 

I too agree with the review for the most part. The outright insults to what GnR was I could do without. I'm a massive supporter of what they have become. The guitar work on CD is monstrous...more so than what was previously done by GnR. I do admit that I have sorely missed Izzy since the day he left though.

~Kill Your Idols~

Bono

Bono wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

I don't care if Axl "insults" me, I don't know him and he doesn't know me.  But bottom line, getting irate over the fact that his camp posted a positive article about his album from a legit news  source on the website is pretty hysterical.  Childish and petty as this may be, you are taking it way too seriously, way too personally

It's not a "positive" review. It's clear what the agenda is from the opening three paragraphs. If you can't comprehend that than that's your problem.

Bono

Bono wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

At this point I'm wondering why is Beta, Fernando and Del so afraid of Slash?  Why this obsession on him?

maybe they know that if Slash and Axl ever mended  their relationship they'd be on theway out. They have the claws sunk in so deep that anything that threatens that scares them?  Slash represents a  normal reality. A happy reality maybe where Axl no longer needs those losers.  I mean if Axl and Slash got back, Izzy could follow and Duff and maybe that just represents a more grounded reality where they aren't needed by Axl. Just a theory. But really I have no idea. hmm

shotgunblues1978

Bono wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

It's not a "positive" review. It's clear what the agenda is from the opening three paragraphs. If you can't comprehend that than that's your problem.

Dude, I've already acknowledged that posting this article is in ways childish and vindictive.  What more do you want?  I just don't care that much. 

It's reactionary.  A response to the agenda filled articles that lean the other way.  It shouldn't come as any surprise.  I understand your point.  I just don't get why you take it so personally

Board footer