You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses update official site

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

I highly doubt the reporter was PAID to say that stuff.  Like I said before, his aim was to get a rise out of readers, and its certainly worked.

I know he wasn't paid, but its clear he is an "Axl" fan, not a true GNR fan.  A true GNR fan wouldn't go there.

Maybe he's not a true GNR fan, maybe he actually didn't like UYI 1 or 2 and happens to like CD.  It is possible.

CD is UYI3.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Its possible....  Like hating all of rolling stones, but going apeshit over a bigger bang....  Its possible, but not likely.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

It is possible.

Have you read the recent compliments Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt have given regarding Chinese Democracy?

No, I also never read Axl saying how much he thought Libertad sucked.  Its the reporters opinion.  It is possible to dislike the UYI and even prefer CD, believe it or not.

Again, I LOVED both UYI 1 and 2, but not all felt the same.

I don't get how you can hate the UYI albums but like CD.....  The Blues, Madagascar, etc.....  Its UYI part 3.

Maybe he's one of those people of the opinion that the UYI's would've been fantastic IF they would've condensed it down to 1 album, and therefore doesn't view the 2 separate as all that fantastic.  In the case of CD, it's the best 14 songs all on one disc.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't see how you cannot like old GNR, but like CD when its the same vocals, but different music in the background.  Its not like the Old lineup couldn't do TIL.  Gimmie a break.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its a vile, nasty and down right ignorant statement. If this this the childish mentality of new gnr I think I've had enough.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

No, I also never read Axl saying how much he thought Libertad sucked.  Its the reporters opinion.  It is possible to dislike the UYI and even prefer CD, believe it or not.

Again, I LOVED both UYI 1 and 2, but not all felt the same.

I don't get how you can hate the UYI albums but like CD.....  The Blues, Madagascar, etc.....  Its UYI part 3.

Maybe he's one of those people of the opinion that the UYI's would've been fantastic IF they would've condensed it down to 1 album, and therefore doesn't view the 2 separate as all that fantastic.  In the case of CD, it's the best 14 songs all on one disc.

I would buy that........  If the DOUBLE DISC WASN'T DOUBLE MAINLY BECAUSE OF AXL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

It is possible.

Have you read the recent compliments Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt have given regarding Chinese Democracy?

Yes. I think Axl is trying to completely say "screw you" to a reunion. Sabotage it completely.

Axl isn't saying anything, it's the hanger ons that are saying things and posting things.  Those are the people threatened by a reunion, not Axl.  When Axl says it, then I'll believe it's him...until then, it's people trying to save their space in GnRland.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Alright, good debate guys.  No one got hurt.  I respect all your opinions, no shots taken or anything (unlike what they do at gnr.com apparently).  I joke.  I've gotta get to work though.  I could do this all day, but I have to stop myself.  I'll be back later in the day.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't see how you cannot like old GNR, but like CD when its the same vocals, but different music in the background.  Its not like the Old lineup couldn't do TIL.  Gimmie a break.

The only things on the new album that are out of the league of old GN'R are Pitman (b/c he wasn't around back then) and Buckethead. Slash can't play all the notes that Buckethead can. But he sure as hell can play the notes that Robin plays and he can play them a hell of a lot better than Robin.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The only things on the new album that are out of the league of old GN'R are Pitman (b/c he wasn't around back then) and Buckethead. Slash can't play all the notes that Buckethead can. But he sure as hell can play the notes that Robin plays and he can play them a hell of a lot better than Robin.

You crack me up... hahahaha. I agree. I will say Bucket's best solos on CD are ones that are not hard to play or have a million notes per second.  Sorry and Better Slash could pull off.

Board footer