You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Guns N' Roses update official site

Olorin wrote:

The only thing from CD I would take over the Illusions is Brain.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Guns N Roses hit there creative peak with the Illusions. Slash, Duff and Izzy have worked away for years releasing material that is below that standard, Axl spent 15 years and millions of dollars trying to match that achievement and has released one album.

I've always considered the Illusions to be one hell of an accomplishment. How many bands could pull off such a great collection of songs, whilst being completely disjointed and struggling with addictions, success and emotional difficulties? Its a great achievment and I often wonder how great a record it could have been if they were all completely focused, motivated and united.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't see how you cannot like old GNR, but like CD when its the same vocals, but different music in the background.  Its not like the Old lineup couldn't do TIL.  Gimmie a break.

The only things on the new album that are out of the league of old GN'R are Pitman (b/c he wasn't around back then) and Buckethead. Slash can't play all the notes that Buckethead can. But he sure as hell can play the notes that Robin plays and he can play them a hell of a lot better than Robin.

You crack me up... hahahaha. I agree. I will say Bucket's best solos on CD are ones that are not hard to play or have a million notes per second.  Sorry and Better Slash could pull off.

I don't think he can pull off the likes of I.R.S. TWAT is questionable as well.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Whenever I see Slash do a solo that maybe a lil out of his league, he usually will adapt and make it work.  Perhaps he would do some legato licks.  Some of bucket's badass licks that sound awesome are actually not too bad to play.  Some alternate picking and some hammer ons.  Bumble would be a challenge saying the least.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

there wont be a reunion anytime soon

even an izzy bash?! i thought they were buds again? Izzy is thanked in the booklet

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

even an izzy bash?! i thought they were buds again? Izzy is thanked in the booklet

Axl isn't the webmaster.  I wouldn't be surprised if any shots at Izzy are removed...not so sure about the Slash ones though.  hard to know how Axl really feels today since he won't tell anybody anything about...well, anything.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Axl isn't the webmaster.  I wouldn't be surprised if any shots at Izzy are removed...not so sure about the Slash ones though.  hard to know how Axl really feels today since he won't tell anybody anything about...well, anything.

he told us  that the skip in scraped is "intentional" 16

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Its strange, so many people who have had problems with Axl, even since the old days, have stated that Axls not to blame per se. Rather its the small number of people he surrounds himself with and he uses as a sheild against the outside world, relying on them to keep him informed.

Freinds, estranged freinds and enemies have all said that. Now even fans are starting to wonder about these people.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I sent him an email...

Jed,
     I just read your review of Guns N' Roses new album, Chinese Democracy.  I see that you love the new album and that is great, but your trashing of Izzy and Slash takes away any credibility you may have had.  Its just not necessary to go there, especially when the guitars are not that important to this album.  GNR used to be a hard rock band with loads of balls and attitude.  Now GNR is a solo act that released an album of mid tempo rockers and sappy ballads that don't contain one solo on the level of Slash's "Estranged", "Coma", "November Rain", "Breakdown", "Locomotive", "Sweet Child O'Mine", "Don't Cry", "Civil War", "Paradise City", etc.  Slash captured Axl's emotion on the guitar, something the current players for the most part fail to do.  You could have spent time praising some of Bucket's brilliant playing, or Brain's fantastic drumming, but you chose to go for headlines and bash former members and act like they held Axl back.  "Estranged" and "Coma" are two songs that are epic and pretty much abuse anything on Chinese Democracy and without Slash they would have never been songs.  We are all fans of Guns N' Roses.  I am a fan of each version.  By slamming some of the most favorite GNR members ever to justify your point brings nothing to the review and almost makes you seem biased.  When the reunion happens, yes, it will happen, I hope you bash Axl for taking these bums back, because according to you, that would be a major mistake and would cripple his creativity. 

Thanks,   

Marc

Reporters main goal is to get a reaction out of readers.  It's certainly working here.  He took the opposite stance that the band is better off without Slash (how dare he).  Lots of people had complaints about the UYI's, this isn't exactly uncharted territory.  I'm not one, I loved both discs, but I've read plenty of comments about them having loads of filler.

Yes, but saying that Slash and Izzy are to blame for the fillers is simply idiotic. It's not a question of opinion, it's a question of sanity.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

300x250_gnrshop.jpg

^ Just noticed that on the official site. The old store URL is still active.

Board footer