You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Who has the album and when did you get it?

sic. wrote:

Bought it yesterday (Saturday afternoon) from a Helsinki supermarket. They had a nice pile stacked up on the counter.

I'd imagined it would've been available today, so it was a nice surprise.

It felt... not much. A certain sense of closure, as a certain era finally drew to a close. Pretty much like walking into a record and finding any other record there.

So, I ended up picking mine up the Merck way. 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

8:45 in the am and I am off to Best Buy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

Just curious how those of you who have the CD felt when you actually had it in your hand. Sigh of relief, excitement, was there a letdown knowing it's over?

I bought it Friday morning (21st) when my local JB finally got my preorder in. It was surreal to have it there to be honest. Like I kept looking at it sitting on my desk in disbelief.

I'm not disapointed because I love the songs and I would have been sad if Axl had gone to the grave keeping them, and we never got to hear a final version of these things.

However after years of listening to them ourselves...songs like maddy that were played live and leaked, it's wierd to me to think that they're finally public. You know...like when I talk about a song, say, Catcher in the Rye..or TWAT...it's no longer just something that only us few geeks will understand or know...now there is potential for "normal" people to have heard the songs too. And that, while awesome, will take some getting used to!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Just curious how those of you who have the CD felt when you actually had it in your hand. Sigh of relief, excitement, was there a letdown knowing it's over?

I think I had all those feelings combined.  No tears shed yet though.  Although "This I Love" is a heavy song (emotionally).  I could see that one getting to me, under the right circumstances.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Just went to best buy and picked it up!!!! I was blasting CD (the song) through my car with the windows down when I was rolling into the parking lot. People were looking at me kinda awkward. I don't know if it was because I was playing the song loud or that I had my windows down in 20 degree weather.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

In the BB parking lot now. Gonna have it like 5 minutes but won't be able to listen for a couple hours yet. The 3 unheard songs remain unheard for me for now. What a journey.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

Just went to best buy and picked it up!!!! I was blasting CD (the song) through my car with the windows down when I was rolling into the parking lot. People were looking at me kinda awkward. I don't know if it was because I was playing the song loud or that I had my windows down in 20 degree weather.

Hahaha dude I got the same reaction. I was blasting IRS. I past this group of what looked too me of highschoolers who gave me some fist pumps. I got there early and a lot of the copies were sold already. 9

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I picked mine up today (Sunday). I got the vinyl and CD.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just got home with my copy...heard up to and including riad in my travels this morning

ended up getting it at walmart $12.76

will giv'er a couple solid spins and do a review in the other thread later on

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

Got 5 copies, 1 for me, 1 for my best friend who I've been promising this thing to for 10 years, and 3 for presents.  I am in Heaven today

Board footer