You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: This I Love

jamester wrote:

This guy took aN oppisite turn for me than the GnR track. It took me a few spins to get into it when first listning to CD....this guy the first time i was really listnin to the guitar and hearing it replace the piano. After that i watched this guy cry like that Meatloaf but he dosent have the look to pull it off. He does have nice range. i agree he could have done better if he wasnt trying to sing that to his wife as axl =P
Would love to see Axl play a similar acoustic arangment with dj on lead and ron for filler and backing vocal at a show sometime.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I guess i was impressed at the range of the dude in the video. I mean he isn't axl but he's hitting the notes. It's not as easy as it looks, seriously, grab an accoustic and have a belt at it, I can't get anywhere near those notes lol

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I have just realised that its the piano I don't like, its a bit to Andrew Loyd Weber for me. Axl's awesome range and power delivered by him on an acoustic guitar alone on stage with a single spot light on him would be one of those iconic perfromances that Bono has mastered so well.
I can always dream...

well i'm nto a U2 fan so i cant totally agree but yeah if this song was just Axl and an acoustic guitar,,,then come in with the solo at the end that whoud be brilliant...its good to see someoen else is sort of agreeing with my take...

and its not that the vocal is bad per se...but the lyrics are atrocious IMHO

just too many eye words...eye my bye I cry lie die 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

^ at leaast she mixes up what words she is rhyming 16

and its country tune from 1969....the cheesy lyrics can be forgiven 14

daughter, holler, dollar,

love, of

corn, morn'

etc...you get it...Axl gets stuck on Eye and never leaves it alone 10

Sky Dog wrote:

stone cold classic....it is actually purely autobiographical. She literally grew up like that....great movie as well. 19

Sky Dog wrote:

wrong thread.:headbang:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

From Ron's interview with Brazilian Guitar Mag - looks like HE appreciates the TIL solo

Is there a solo in the new album that could be as classic as Sweet Child O' Mine?

Oh, I don't know! The current band and the old one sound different. It's hard to say. I'm more of a fan of the song as a whole than the solos. To me, Sorry and This I Love stand up from the others in a general way. Better could also be the song of this album. It starts with a remarkable riff. It has a cool sound.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

here's an stp tune....this i love coulda been like this...acoustic guitars, guitar solo, weiland vocals...thats it

[youtube]hLUNBW5Qncs&feature=related[/youtube]

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3i7dGwQboI
shows how well oiled the GNR PR machine was, just read the comments.
"What Song is She dancing too?Does anyone know?"

Board footer