You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: This I Love

NY Giants82 wrote:

Or maybe some of us just recognize a great song when we hear it, regardless of who it is.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

It's a good song. Personally I don't get all the hype. I think Street of Dreams is better.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Has it been established if that intro Axl used to play before "November Rain" was part of TIL?  I know that speculation was going on a couple weeks back.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Has it been established if that intro Axl used to play before "November Rain" was part of TIL?  I know that speculation was going on a couple weeks back.

It's part of Prostitute actually.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Or maybe some of us just recognize a great song when we hear it, regardless of who it is.

Some are more than capable of that, yup 22

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm not sure about this track hmm

reminds me of meatloaf or something....when i first heard it i was like WTF?

meatloaf? really? wtf?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

This one really hit me. I love it. I think the lyrics are good, the vocal performance is amazing, and Robin's solo is one of the best on the album. Many of you may know I'm not the biggest fan of the UYI ballad trilogy, so maybe this isn't saying a ton, but I like it more than Estranged.

One of GNR's best ever ballads and the only reason the last 4 songs of CD are worth sitting through.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I'm amazed at the popularity of TIL, I wonder how many of the fanboys would be hailing it the greatest song ever, if someone else sung it. Me finks it would slip under their radar.

I think that's a  credit to Axl's talent as a singer. I mean I'll admit if it had been Chad Kroger or Mariah Carey or the guy from Keane singing it. it might just be your average piano ballad. But Axl's voice elevates it to such awesome heights.

See I'm not a hater 16

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bono wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I'm amazed at the popularity of TIL, I wonder how many of the fanboys would be hailing it the greatest song ever, if someone else sung it. Me finks it would slip under their radar.

I think that's a  credit to Axl's talent as a singer. I mean I'll admit if it had been Chad Kroger or Mariah Carey or the guy from Keane singing it. it might just be your average piano ballad. But Axl's voice elevates it to such awesome heights.

See I'm not a hater 16

Why of course you are a hater Bono!  You're just in denial like I am.  tongue

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

I've said this before but to me the only other rock singer I can even imagine composing something like this is Freddie

They lyrics are very simple and almost childlike but they are genuine and real

The music and vocal melodies have a real beauty to them

Board footer