You are not logged in. Please register or login.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

Re: Axl PWNS DR. PEPPER

huntermc wrote:

You know, I tried to connect to the page at least 20 - 30 times before I finally got through. If they had enough servers to begin with, I would have got through on the first try and not wasted several dozen further attempts at bandwidth.

Another thing they could have done is to get rid of the graphics-heavy flash driven page and replace it with a simple text entry form as soon as they started having issues.

This kinda reminds me of when NIN put out Ghosts as a web only download, and had lots of server problems the first day. But the difference is it wasn't limited to a one-day-only deal, and they fixed their problems by the second day.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I hope this Dr. Pepper fiasco is included on "Get in the Ring Part Two"

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

The only one being used or abused in this whole episode is Axl.  Whoever his personal handlers are are leading him so far astray it's sad.  He is a candidate for an intervention at this point.  I would be shocked if Azoff or Gould knew of this--for some reason, I wonder who convinced Axl that this was a good thing to do?  I wonder if they knew this would get reality (aka Gould and Azoff), out of the scene before it was their ass on the outside?  How could a manager stick with their client after this ridiculous BS?  Jesus Christ what a fucking joke!

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

At this point, the album is out and it doesn't matter who is gone. Axl doesn't have the 17 year shitty history lesson to worry about. The future is his now. There's no bullshit to worry about now. He can get a band together and in a year after put out a CD like normal people. If he chooses not to do this, then he proves that once again he's his own biggest enemy and all the insults hurdled his way didn't really slow him down. Perhaps it gave him an excuse in his own mind that it slowed him down, but not realistically.

He's pissed over something, but adding shit to these same songs was never going to make them better. It's obvious he was part of the overproduction (which is fine, it doesn't ruin anything) and adding a little of this or a snippet of that isn't going to change these songs. We've heard 100 versions of each already and it didn't really matter which he picked.

The monkey is off the back and half of the detractors will now shut up or no longer care about GNR, so how he goes about the next steps are all on him. I hope he can pull it off.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Brett wrote:

At this point, the album is out and it doesn't matter who is gone. Axl doesn't have the 17 year shitty history lesson to worry about. The future is his now. There's no bullshit to worry about now. He can get a band together and in a year after put out a CD like normal people. If he chooses not to do this, then he proves that once again he's his own biggest enemy and all the insults hurdled his way didn't really slow him down. Perhaps it gave him an excuse in his own mind that it slowed him down, but not realistically.

He's pissed over something, but adding shit to these same songs was never going to make them better. It's obvious he was part of the overproduction (which is fine, it doesn't ruin anything) and adding a little of this or a snippet of that isn't going to change these songs. We've heard 100 versions of each already and it didn't really matter which he picked.

The monkey is off the back and half of the detractors will now shut up or no longer care about GNR, so how he goes about the next steps are all on him. I hope he can pull it off.

If he does not shed the vampires sucking his blood taking advantage of his vulnerabilities, then he is doomed.  He is not in a healthy creative place or frame of mind if he is refusing interviews, but is hunkered down formulating lawsuits against Dr. Pepper over a fucking joke that worked in his favor.  Really, how bizarre.  It's making radio embarrassed to even play their songs for fear of association with this Whacko/Jacko behavior.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Who is holding Axl back? Is it Beta and Fernando telling him internet rumors? Del James? Who in his camp has all this control? I know Slash said he surrounded himself with people who were milking him, but Slash also drunkenly signed his life away to Jerry Heller, so can you really trust him?

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

This is really stupid...I agree that Dr Pepper should have consulted their legal department at least before they agreed to that dumbass Kaneda's idea, but requesting full advertorial apologies in mainstream media like that???

you have to be kidding me....this is just a cheapshot aimed at getting more dollars because its possible, but i seriously doubt that the wellbeing of the GNR fans is behind this lawsuit...

This album is going to start filling column inches not because of the music on it, but because of shit like this....which is quite sad really...

nugdafied wrote:

I think alot of you are missing the point. This Dr. Pepper thing made it on the local news here in Central Oregon the day CD was released. Literally, the news station was reporting that there were 2 hours left to register online for your free bottle of Dr. Pepper because GNR released an album. If it made the news in Podunk, Oregon, obviously, tons of other outlets picked up the story & reported it. Think of how many people then concluded that GNR & Dr. Pepper had a deal to promote both the album & the drink(My wife even said, "Dr. Pepper sponsored GNR?"). Then think of how many people felt ripped off by both GNR & Dr. Pepper for not getting the coupon right then & there. Except, GNR had nothing to do with Dr. Peppers failed promotion, yet looked bad in the public's eye.

That's why there's trademarks, liscensing fee's, etc....It's business law 101. I'm stunned that this this actually took place & Dr. Pepper actually tried to pull this off. I'm still not sure it's just some Kaneda prank to piss off mygnr. But if it's not, Axl/fakeGNR will make a few million from it, which, along with the Best Buy deal pays for CD.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

good points nugdafied, there are definite merits to this....but the way it has been worded and presented got us all to react otherwise....

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

The full letter, with thanks to highvoltage smile

3062323530_4698ef20f0_o.jpg
3062323564_128e7072e5_o.jpg
3061483633_aef3956efa_o.jpg

Board footer