You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

Sky Dog wrote:

Maybe for touring, but the original band would not have guaranteed album sales either.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It wouldn't and dauh, everyone knows Joe Public wants Slash, Izzy and Duff. I mean, we don't need friggin album sales to prove that point. We all know and we have known for 15 years. Everyone knows.

Axl had his work cut out for him with this project and IMO he nearly came thru as the winner. Actually, no one did win, but Axl came closest. This thing has never been done before, so he should be commended for his courage.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/kan … 8838.story

"At No. 3 with 261,000 is Guns N' Roses' Best Buy exclusive "Chinese Democracy" (Black Frog/Geffen), the first studio album of original material from the group since 1991. GNR's last studio efforts, "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II," debuted at Nos. 2 and 1 respectively, with 685,000 and 770,000 after being released on the same day in 1991.

Since then, the act has charted with a covers set (1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?" with a 190,000 debut), a live effort (1999's "Live Era '87 - '93;" 60,000) and the 2004 "Greatest Hits" package (169,000)."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well its doing better than GH did...thats promising big_smile

and its even with contraband which went double platinum....there is hope still folks, the developments over the next couple months is important

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It surely is. I'm not claiming it as a clusterfuck. Im just saying things could have been done different.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well its doing better than GH did...thats promising big_smile

and its even with contraband which went double platinum....there is hope still folks, the developments over the next couple months is important

AND as I've preached all along this is with BEST BUY EXCLUSITIVITY, I personally think that HURT the sales.  Anyone know how long this exclusive deal lasts?  Also has anyone heard Better yet and is the video rumor a reality??

WeTheLiving
 Rep: 10 

WeTheLiving wrote:

Its even with Contraband after the first week, but what does this guarantee? The question is, have all of the magic bullets been fired?  Shacklers has been out there. If the world has been out there. CD has been out there, i guess now its up to better-we will have to see. But have all of the magic bullets been spent? For all of you who contend this thing will keep pace with Contraband (Im not necessarily disagreeing with you) what is going to provide the legs for it? And besides the material seeming to not do well, this problem is now seeming to be compounded with the silence from the GNR camp, can this be turned around as well? Again im not saying it cant be, but how can it?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Anythings possible, but I don't think Better (or another single) will do the trick. Mainly, it's going into 'horrible cd buying time'. ie. Post-Holidays, paying off my cc bills, saving money, snowstorms, too cold out, high heating bills, waiting for my tax return etc.

There's a reason big albums never come out January thru March. Peoples minds & money go elsewhere. Same thing with movies. A summer tour is about the only thing that would help push sales to Contraband levels.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
WeTheLiving wrote:

Its even with Contraband after the first week, but what does this guarantee? The question is, have all of the magic bullets been fired?  Shacklers has been out there. If the world has been out there. CD has been out there, i guess now its up to better-we will have to see. But have all of the magic bullets been spent? For all of you who contend this thing will keep pace with Contraband (Im not necessarily disagreeing with you) what is going to provide the legs for it? And besides the material seeming to not do well, this problem is now seeming to be compounded with the silence from the GNR camp, can this be turned around as well? Again im not saying it cant be, but how can it?

The only thing this album needs is time AND just a little support.  If Better gets played at the stations fairly well and (better yet) gets a video this will REALLY help.  A couple more singles with videos would do the trick.  The silence isn't helping matters but if the singles and (hopefully) videos get out there I think the music will take care of the rest.  I FULLY think this album will top Contraband in sales even with the silence.

Sky Dog wrote:

everybody is just sayin the same thing over and over, just let it happen. There is nothing we can do about it.

Board footer