You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

Revenge Of The Sith I put right under Empire.

That comment should be a ban-able offense.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Today is the day for me. Going into it with an open mind.

Revenge of the Sith is probably my favorite, though I prefer the book to the movie. The rest of the prequels I could take or leave, but if they had just included a little more depth to the change from Anakin to Vader like the book did, it would be #1 in most people's lists.  Empire is ok, but I prefer ROTJ probably because that was the first one I was old enough to understand beyond just being cool.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think I'll be going tonight. Just looking to see a good movie. Not heavily invested in the franchise.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

buzzsaw wrote:

Today is the day for me. Going into it with an open mind.

Revenge of the Sith is probably my favorite, though I prefer the book to the movie. The rest of the prequels I could take or leave, but if they had just included a little more depth to the change from Anakin to Vader like the book did, it would be #1 in most people's lists.  Empire is ok, but I prefer ROTJ probably because that was the first one I was old enough to understand beyond just being cool.

Ya know I always go back and forth with Empire and Jedi. I love both of them; so some days I like one over the other. It's been awhile since I've watched them. Probably will go do that when I get some free time away from other projects. I get what you are saying with Revenge since I truly believe if Lucas swallowed his pride and got Kasdan to come back and do a re-write on some scenes then that movie would of been even stronger and left more of an impact on the audience as well as critics. Even though I could give less of a shit what critics think of Star Wars and certain movies now. I've heard great things about the novelization as well. Hope both you and BLS enjoy the flick. I might see it again sometime later this week.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Mind blown when I walked out of the theater. Lots to digest. Saw it in 3d, going to see it again without it. It was distracting at times.

I think the movie was good. Could have used some more depth, but it stands on its own. I bought the book. Looking forward to getting some of the depth that was missing  (hopefully).

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I actually liked it. Even with the moments of cheese and fan service. And the shared plot lines from the previous movies. I was more invested in the new characters. Which surprised me. All well acted.

Hidden Text:

I made a joke about the next movie based on the last scene. It's just gonna be Rey trying to get Luke to take his light Saber back. Was hoping for a bit more from the Luke reveal. But it was alright.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I really enjoyed the movie.  The first half of the movie I thought was particularly well done, then the story went a little light/weak, but overall I thought it was great.

Hidden Text:

Some things I didn't like were the fact that Rey can pick up a lightsaber for the first time and take it right up to Kylo Ren, that's ridiculous.  She should have been lucky to get out of that scene with her life.

Yeah stopping the blaster shot with the force was a bit crazy, but no more crazy then the Emperor being able to shoot lighting from his fingers.

Kylo Ren taking his mask off a few times and just seeing Marilyn Manson standing there doesn't really have much impact.  He needed to have a fucked up face or something that made him look evil, otherwise leave the mask on.

I think Han died a bit early, my preference would have been for him to die in the next film if he had to.  It would have been nice to have him and Chewie continue to inject some nostalgia and old school Star Wars into the story for a bit longer.  Im guessing H Ford probably had a lot of say as to how much or little he would be in the new movies.

WTF is wrong with Leia's face.  Waaaayyyy too much botox.  That was just weird watching her.

One other point, the movie is very politically correct:
- African American one of the main characters - Finn Check!
- Female as a lead character - Rey Check!
- Female as a leading bad guy - Captain Phasma - Check!
- Gay guy - (that dude with the orange hair that appears to be a commander in the first order, don't know his name - Check!

lol - doesn't bother me but just noticed it.  All that said I really enjoyed the movie and look forward to the next one.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Lol at the haters.  Saw it this morning, IT WAS AMAZING!!!

Seriously one of the best movies ive seen in my life.  I can agree with a few of ur alls points myb but i cant even get thru all the posts on the last couple pages. The movies tremendous, everyones a critic.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Movie producers got the easiest job in the world these days is all I can say! 19

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Board footer