You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Military chief says Russia not obliged to protect world from U.S.

Axl S wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

There's water shortages everywhere. In a few eastern stated they are now rationing. Food supplies are at a low as well. There are no longer huge surpluses of food like there used to be.

There's no going back. Once the Patriot Act was signed into law and then later on Habeus Corpus suspended, this country ceased to be a democracy. Also passed this year was a presidential directive allowing Bush(or a future president) to enact martial law, suspend the constitution, effectively destroying the executive-legislative-judicial chain of governing.

Our current congress already has virtually zero power, which is why they sign anything Bush sends them without even reading it. They've attempted to override one veto, and it was only Bush's second veto in 8 years. Thats mind boggling. If the country would stop watching reality shows and looking at britney's crotch for one second they would see that this country is no longer a democracy.

The US has a puppet legislative branch and a conservative yet idle supreme court with what will be a rotating dictatorship.

I don't know much about American politics, but the bit I bolded sounds very much like some sort of act or law Hitler used to gain complete power in Germany. It allowed him, to call for complete control of the country in a time of emergency. I think it was called the Enabling act.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Military chief says Russia not obliged to protect world from U.S.

The details of what was passed is murky, but that's kind of what it says. Bush is leaving office after this term. That's the bottom line. If I have faith in one aspect of the American people, it is that they would never allow a president to refuse to leave office. The damage he can do before then... is anyone's guess.

Board footer