You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GnR Mention in "The Wrestler" trailer

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

well that suprises me then because that's not the way things are usually done. soundtrack is usually added later.

well they coulda thrown on a track to set the mood....maybe the initial idea was to have WTTJ and then they felt metal health was a better fit for the character? Maybe gnr wanted too much for the rights? or they wanted them to use a new song instead of a classic....who knows what happens behind the scenes during the course of makin a movie

i've worked on movie sets before. i have never experienced soundtrack music playing during filming. they keep shit quiet so that we can hear all the sounds that the actors make. i would expect during a wrestling scene, we would wanna hear all the grunts and slaps and whatever other sounds besides talking that a wrestler makes while working. if they did it differently during the filming of this movie.....cool. 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

well that suprises me then because that's not the way things are usually done. soundtrack is usually added later.

well they coulda thrown on a track to set the mood....maybe the initial idea was to have WTTJ and then they felt metal health was a better fit for the character? Maybe gnr wanted too much for the rights? or they wanted them to use a new song instead of a classic....who knows what happens behind the scenes during the course of makin a movie

i've worked on movie sets before. i have never experienced soundtrack music playing during filming. they keep shit quiet so that we can hear all the sounds that the actors make. i would expect during a wrestling scene, we would wanna hear all the grunts and slaps and whatever other sounds besides talking that a wrestler makes while working. if they did it differently during the filming of this movie.....cool. 22

i dunno...i've never worked on a movie set before but i jsut watched all the special features of the Revenge of the Sith movie and after Ewan MacGregor and Hayden Christianson filmed the lightsaber duel, the sound editor decided that the vocal parts were not clear enough to be used...over a year after teh scene was filmed they brought the actors back in to do voice overs (of, you guessed it grunting, and punching and stuff) and then they were matched into the movie...like i said i'm by no means an expert but i dont find it outside the realm of possibility that they had a song playing during Rourke acting his entrance to the ring...on top of that MrID said he saw  them film the scenes...why would he lie? what purpose would he get out of it? i trust ID and if he said thats what happened when he was there then i gotta believe him smile

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i dunno...i've never worked on a movie set before but i jsut watched all the special features of the Revenge of the Sith movie and after Ewan MacGregor and Hayden Christianson filmed the lightsaber duel, the sound editor decided that the vocal parts were not clear enough to be used...over a year after teh scene was filmed they brought the actors back in to do voice overs (of, you guessed it grunting, and punching and stuff) and then they were matched into the movie...like i said i'm by no means an expert but i dont find it outside the realm of possibility that they had a song playing during Rourke acting his entrance to the ring...on top of that MrID said he saw  them film the scenes...why would he lie? what purpose would he get out of it? i trust ID and if he said thats what happened when he was there then i gotta believe him smile

yeah they do that alot with movies. i'm not saying he's lying. i'm just saying it's not the norm.

Board footer