You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Questions for Axl if he visits GN'R Evolution

Smoking Guns wrote:

Did the guitar players every intentionally try to capture the Guns' guitar sound/style?  At times you hear very obvious "Slash-esque" moments that Robin or Bucket don't normally play in their work outside of GNR.  Were they going for a certain "sound" even though they were being themselves as much as possible?  I take it they adapted their style loosely to a Guns N' Roses/Slash style because the guitars are so important in GNR.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl, as you learn the guitar and probably some of Guns' older tunes, do you ever have those, "Holy shit, what Izzy and Slash are doing here is fucking badass" moments?  Even today when I play some classic GNR, those riffs and solo are so timeless and brilliant.  Just wondering as a guy that has been trying to get good at guitar if you too notice the greatness those two recorded.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

Oh, 2nd and final question, bach said he was on sorry, i cant hear him ? was he ever on the track b ut just removed ?

haa this is weird, axl abrieviating on the net tongue something i nerver thought id see.

btw axl, i love GNR ever since i ccan remeber hearing music its been AFD or UYI and now CD, i love GNR sooo much i got the AFD cross tattood like you just on the opposite arm and in black and white, and the pretty tied up girl from the UYI 2 booklet, your music has moulded my life!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Was it a coincidence that all the songs that leaked over the years ended up on this disc or was it a decision made when determining tracklist to make sure all leaked material was on  the album?

Which member of Guns in the ChiDem era put in the most time and effort to recording and writing, other than yourself?

What do you think of bands like Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead experimenting with new ways of releasing music? And did you follow any of NIN's Year Zero Alternate Reality Game promotion?

How do you feel about Blind Melon recording and touring without Shannon?

Even if you don't post here, thanks for interacting with the fans. Very cool of you to take the time to do that.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl, being a fan of AC/DC, did you enjoy their new album "Black Ice"?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

Axl,

"The internet seems to beeee...... a big garbage can.... so i dont read what they say on the internet anymore" RIR 3 tongue

what changed your mind old fella ?

and who are rinarto and zozee lol that has always bugged me

Renato and Xozi were 2 peopel who used to post on the official messaage board i beleive...before it was closd down, they claiimed to know things about axl personally

Slashisvr wrote:

Oh, 2nd and final question, bach said he was on sorry, i cant hear him ? was he ever on the track b ut just removed ?

he's there, near the end (last verse?), underneath Axl ala Shannon Hoon on DC, and at one point you can hear his trademark scream smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

10. how aware are you of what happens on the online communities and who does the shit slinging and whatnot? do you take it personally if someone accuses you of something ridiculous...has the online community consensus ever influenced a business decision related to GnR?

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

I've got one:

What was your writing process like on CD? Did you start with the music and put lyrics/melodies to the music, or was it vice versa? What's your writing style like? Do you write music/lyrics as they come to you, or do you have dedicated writing sessions? And finally, what member(s) of the band do you have the most writing chemistry with? Did you guys write together, or get together with ideas you already had?

topazio blu
 Rep: 0 

topazio blu wrote:

I'd like only to say thank you to Axl for the magnificent album! 17 years ago I was in Japan, now for some destiny I'm in Italy, and you sing hot also now. It's very encouraging. Thanks a lot.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Is there any creedance to rumours about gaging orders and the such on band members in the Chinese Democracy era?

Will the same obstacles, legal and what not, that blocked the release of "Chinese"  impede the release of any subsequent material?

What is your relationship with your band members? Do you call them friends? This would seem to be the case! I ask simply to clarify for people of a differing opinion.

What is it that Meat Loaf won't do for love ?:) I think he won't cheat on the girl as he states in the song however most people still ask the question as though the song does not address the issue!!! 17

Good questions.  karma

Thanks man have one yourself. On me

Board footer