You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Questions for Axl if he visits GN'R Evolution

Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

Axl,

"The internet seems to beeee...... a big garbage can.... so i dont read what they say on the internet anymore" RIR 3 tongue

what changed your mind old fella ?

and who are rinarto and zozee lol that has always bugged me

Renato and Xozi were 2 peopel who used to post on the official messaage board i beleive...before it was closd down, they claiimed to know things about axl personally

Slashisvr wrote:

Oh, 2nd and final question, bach said he was on sorry, i cant hear him ? was he ever on the track b ut just removed ?

he's there, near the end (last verse?), underneath Axl ala Shannon Hoon on DC, and at one point you can hear his trademark scream smile

Hes in it a lot more than that. He is there on every single Chorus. Just not the first half of verse 1. Great voice

Loro123
 Rep: 0 

Loro123 wrote:

Axl, have you read Slash's autobiography? If so, what did you think of it? Is it true that you passed out on his grandmother's couch and then jumped out of the car when he told you about it? LOL, thats the funniest story ever!

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

The most important question not yet asked:

1. The new songs are VERY demanding vocally, and Bach says The General (due 2012 according to him) features your highest screaming singing to date. Do you worry as you approach 50 about whether you will still be able to sing the way you have in 3, 5, 8 etc years? Fot ALL the great singers from Dickinson to Plant, 50 seems to be the age where their great vocal range and power rapidly goes south if it hadn't already (see: Bon Jovi aged 40).

2. Again on the voice: You called VMAs 2002 a 'catastrophe'. For us, the heartbreak was that it seemed your voice was completely shot and the whole world saw it. Why is it that on one night/show you can sound like that and on literally the next, or even in the next song, you can top your 15 year old studio recording?

3. Do you smoke regularly and do you try and take care of your voice?

4. Why did you try to sing in your high, 'clean' voice in 2002 but revert to a rougher style in 06-07 and did the endless threads bashing your 2002 singing affect you?

5. Sorry to be personal but, are the botched hair transplant rumours true and will you wear braids for the rest of your life?

The new music, shows and your quietly building this truly unique, incredible project has sustained and inspired me during some very dark times in the last years when nothing else mattered. Thank you for everything, screw the trolls, cunts, media and may the new band continue forever.

Thanks, Jordan.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

1 - Is TWAT or Shacklers Revenge in consideration as future singles?

2 - What are some of your favorite songs off the second album?

3 - Is the "November Rain meets 70's glam" comparison of Atlas Shrugged true and how would you describe it?

4 - Do you still publicly admit to be being a Raiders fan?

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

The most important question not yet asked:

1. The new songs are VERY demanding vocally, and Bach says The General (due 2012 according to him) features your highest screaming singing to date. Do you worry as you approach 50 about whether you will still be able to sing the way you have in 3, 5, 8 etc years? Fot ALL the great singers from Dickinson to Plant, 50 seems to be the age where their great vocal range and power rapidly goes south if it hadn't already (see: Bon Jovi aged 40).

2. Again on the voice: You called VMAs 2002 a 'catastrophe'. For us, the heartbreak was that it seemed your voice was completely shot and the whole world saw it. Why is it that on one night/show you can sound like that and on literally the next, or even in the next song, you can top your 15 year old studio recording?

3. Do you smoke regularly and do you try and take care of your voice?

4. Why did you try to sing in your high, 'clean' voice in 2002 but revert to a rougher style in 06-07 and did the endless threads bashing your 2002 singing affect you?

5. Sorry to be personal but, are the botched hair transplant rumours true and will you wear braids for the rest of your life?

The new music, shows and your quietly building this truly unique, incredible project has sustained and inspired me during some very dark times in the last years when nothing else mattered. Thank you for everything, screw the trolls, cunts, media and may the new band continue forever.

Thanks, Jordan.

Some of this verges on a personal attack! The man could turn up bald on stage covered in piss with a dead baboon stapled to his head and and it would still not make a difference to the music he makes. One word friend. Prioities!

I consider it an insult to the members who have posted here that you could possibly hold your questions here in higher regard than some of the great questions posted here . Each to his own I suppose but in my opinion. They are attention grabbing cheap shots. Somewhat cowardly to boot. U want to insult a man you do it face to face or not at all.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

How would you rank your work on This I Love compared to past ballads? I personally think it's right up there with your best.

Also, did you catch the new Trailer Park Boys special that just aired? What's your favorite episode and character? "There's dirty old bees on it!" - Baz

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Oh, i've got another question. Axl, do you play Video games? If so, what are your Favorites? If not, you really should, seeing as you love movies so much. Video games are like interactive movies. Take Bioshock for example, the opening scene was so well done, i didnt realize the game actually started. Some games you should really play are Bioshock, Half Life (entire Series), S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Fallout 3. just to name a few.

cdgnfr
 Rep: 1 

cdgnfr wrote:

He says pieces of 'The General' are out there. So I'm guessing that is the Checkmate leak?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Not sure if it was asked but a question I'd like to see asked is 'if he thought of putting any cover songs on CD'. Did they record any, and if not, which would he have liked to seen the band cover & place in the album CD?'

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What is the relationship, if any, between Buckethead's "Shackler" song and "Shackler's Revenge"?

Do you know of any solo Buckethead songs that were conceived and considered for CD?

Board footer