You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

My post wasn't an attack on you and applies to all members. I wish they would shut up about what "their friends" think as well.

Our friends are the general public. You're suggesting the reaction of the public to certains things should just be ignored. Delet all the review threads and sales chart threads and whatever other thread discusses what people outside these forum walls think about certain albums or songs. I don;t se the point. If we discuss what teh general public thinks than of course all we have to refer to is our friends. I'm not sitting in a  fucking mall conducting a survey to random people.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no need to get defensive ..... U2 fanboy 19

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

My post wasn't an attack on you and applies to all members. I wish they would shut up about what "their friends" think as well.

Our friends are the general public. You're suggesting the reaction of the public to certains things should just be ignored. Delet all the review threads and sales chart threads and whatever other thread discusses what people outside these forum walls think about certain albums or songs. I don;t se the point. If we discuss what teh general public thinks than of course all we have to refer to is our friends. I'm not sitting in a  fucking mall conducting a survey to random people.

are you this argumentative in real life? ...or is the internet world your alter ego? 18

Bono

Bono wrote:

Hey when people come at me with shit, saying I'm saying my freinds opinions are more important than anyone elses or that nobody cares what my friends think when I'm clearly using them as my general public gage it's fucking retarded.

Bono: I've gotten some mixed reviews on the song
Whoever:  From who Bono? the general public or your friends?
Bono: Of course not my freinds. Why would I ask them. I'm looking for reactions from the general public and clearly my friend's do not make up the genreal public.

I'm not being defensive Neemo. I'm calling a guy on his obvious bullshit. It's clear FlashFlood is just itching to get in here and discredit my opinion on everything I've said regarding CD.  Nevermind the fact  CD has nothing to do with this. He's waiting for me to go all fanboy on you guys.

Sky Dog wrote:

I personally don't care what your friends think or what the public thinks for that matter. But, I wasn't "coming at you".....just pointing out that you do use "your friends" in a lot of posts. You and The Flash can go back to arguing now.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'm not being defensive Neemo. I'm calling a guy on his obvious bullshit. It's clear FlashFlood is just itching to get in here and discredit my opinion on everything I've said regarding CD.  Nevermind the fact  CD has nothing to do with this. He's waiting for me to go all fanboy on you guys.

this coming from the guy who totally derailed a GnR topic to talk about U2 14 I kinda see FF's pov though i mean you say this track is a grower and you need to get into it a bit before you appreciate it...it IS a similar argument that peopel had for the new GnR material as well, but you called everyone out on that arguement...regardless i think the point is made lets move on shall we? big_smile

anyway its kinda early to tell what the public reaction is to this U2 track...one thing is for sure, the radio stations are giving it alot of attention, we'll see where it goes...when does the album get released again? i doubt this is the strongest track ... this is just the beginning, U2 is gonna show the world how to milk an album for all its worth smile

Sky Dog wrote:

March 2nd....

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

so yeah i doubt they let this single ride for 5 weeks

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

U.S plays: 529 on the first day.

I would guess they release single No. 2 right around album release time. A week before maybe.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

this coming from the guy who totally derailed a GnR topic to talk about U2 14 I kinda see FF's pov though i mean you say this track is a grower and you need to get into it a bit before you appreciate it...it IS a similar argument that peopel had for the new GnR material as well, but you called everyone out on that arguement...regardless i think the point is made lets move on shall we? big_smile

Actually I haven't even really said it's a grower.  Sure I said grew on me real quick(less than a day) but not because I disliked it at first. It's cause I was surprised to hear a U2 song sound like this. Not so sure  it qualifies as a grower if it took only half a day for me to think I like it.  Maybe it is a grower for some. I don't know.  But if it is a grower than holy shit imagine a song that didn't need to grow on me 14

Neemo wrote:

anyway its kinda early to tell what the public reaction is to this U2 track...one thing is for sure, the radio stations are giving it alot of attention, we'll see where it goes...

Alot of people I know(maybe my friends but don't hold it against me for not asking strangers or even mentioning it) have strong opinions already. It sucks or it's awesome.  Pardon me for using freinds though as my source for the early public reactions. Next time guys I'll make  up  ficticious people and come up with fake opinions. That or just guess.

As for derailing a Gn'R thread into a U2 thread well that wasn't all me actually. All I did was make a comment asking what would happen if U2 had a Best Buy exclusive deal and everyone seemd up for a U2 discussion. Not my fault a Gn'R Going Gold topic gets stale after 6 replies. I mean I can't really derail a  Gn'R thread unless there's more than few willing participants.  14

Neemo wrote:

when does the album get released again? i doubt this is the strongest track ... this is just the beginning, U2 is gonna show the world how to milk an album for all its worth smile

well Vertigo hit radios on September 24th 2005, All Because of You made it's debut on October 10th. The album was released on November 23rd.  I'm gonna guess they stretch it out a bit this time.  I'll guess the next single will be Stand Up Comedy and it'll hit radio on say........ February 16th. I'm just guessing though.

Board footer