You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:

Here's some video footage of the bands photo shoot with Q magazine.
http://promo.q4music.com/q4music/u2/video.shtml

At first when I saw Bono with eyeliner I  was thinking "what the hell" but after hearing Adam say he's wanting to get into character that's pretty exciting really. Last time he got "into character"  he gave us The Fly and Macphisto so....   If a photo shoot can be in any way reflective of the music this album will be exciting I think. Last album every shoot they did was the band in black jeans and black shirts with blank stares on thier face and on tour that's all they wore was black.  This definately seems to be giving off a more Achtung Baby or Pop vibe. Very cool at this stage of the game really.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Rolling Stone Magazine's first sneak preview of the album
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ … he_horizon

One song picks up where Vertigo left off? Another song is being compared to Beautiful Day and a few songs sound like they were straight off the Zooropa and Joshua Tree albums?  Holy crap.  22 

No official word yet on a time frame for the new single to hit radio but rumors are swirling that it'll be either January 12th(this Monday) or January 19th. Either way a single looks to be out before February.  WBCN in Boston has said next week so who knows.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Cool news. I'm excited to hear the single & might even buy the album. (not an often occurance for me anymore)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hmmm...seems like typical album hype to me

Bono

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

hmmm...seems like typical album hype to me

Wrong. This is nothing like the hype for All That You Can't Leave Behind or How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. As I've mentioned before it's always Bono and Bono alone talking up the albums in his over the top way. This is different. You've got the other guys in the band talking about how excited they are for it and that's rare. They usually don't talk. Plus the first reviews in Q and Rolling Stone seem to speak highly of the album.  If that's just hype rather than a magazine simply reviewing the album then I'll chalk up all the positive CD reviews to paid off hype as well wink  Plus when you take into consideration Rick Rubin was originally the producer of this album and the band ditched him mid way to call in Lanois and Eno and even invite them into the writing process it shows U2 aren't willing to put out a  typical record this time. They wanna do it right.  They've never invited outsiders into the writing process before. I think it shows they're willing to try something new and welcome different ideas. And it's not like they went out and picked a song writing company to help,  they brought in guys who they know, trust and respect and who produced their best album Achtung Baby. This is not your typical album hype from U2 Neemo. It's different. And you can really sense it on all the U2 fan sites.  Their is a buzz around this album that was not there for the last two. And that's even without an ipod commercial 16  Honestly there is a much more subtle hype to this album that feels much more real.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/davefanning/

world exclusive of the new single.

Sky Dog wrote:

apparently they just played Get on your Boots on a NY radio station....where's Bono when you need him...

Sky Dog wrote:

thanks for the photo shoot link Bono...pretty cool stuff and they look like my kind of rock band...look great for their late 40's....the power of Guinness I suppose....10 pints a day keeps the old man away! My wife has always dug Larry Mullen, she likes blonds...being the dark haired Irish lassie that she is! tongue

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I heard on the radio after Opie and Anthony in the morning on K-Rock they are playing the new U2 single. So around 9 am they will most likely be playing it.

Bono

Bono wrote:

No problem Madagas. I love that shit. It's nice to like a abnd who doesn't mid stuff  like this being seen. Hell it's nice to like a band who actually does this stuff. Most do. Some don't as we all know 14

Thanks for the link Big Gun. I talked to one of the dj's on one of the radio stations here today and he said they will debut it Monday morning as well. My buddy is the sports director at the station and does the Morning show as well  and I told him when they debut it to dedicate it to me and he said "Buddy I would't have it any other way. It's going out to you and I'll make sure everyone knows it"  9

BLS if you hear it report back and let us know how it sounds 16

I'm shocked as shit this didn't leak out. Vertigo leaked roughly two weeks before it hit radio. I'm on a  mailing list for the Get on Your Boots leak if it leaks but nothing.  Crazy. I wonder how they kept it under wraps?

God I hope this thing is good. I hope it's awesome. All indications from those "insiders" who have heard it they say it's gonna be an incredible album. And by "insiders" I don't be Del or Baz types 16

Board footer