You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Mickey Rourke Golden Globes

Neemo wrote:

and regarding SCOM being used for Free in the wrestler...I'm sure that Slash and Duff hove grounds to sue there for loss of revenue....if they wanted to, or maybe they already have who knows....but this is one of the many reasons why i dont think a reunion is anywhere near fruition...when peopel believe that these guys could sue each other at the drop of a hat, there is no way they are ready to perform together

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wouldnt be suprised if Axl did that out of spite or revenge.
Also he can come online spreading seeds of discontent saying "oh guess what? You know who (my evil, lying former employees) are suing me yet again...blame them for all my failings because I'm fucking innocent."

Sky Dog wrote:

Quite frankly, the publishing stuff and the business dealings on the old catalog are WAY above anyone on this boards head. Your speculation is fruitless as there are NO legal documents that have surfaced in regards to publishing. Lawsuits or Complaints filed by Slash/Duff against Axl are not proof of anything. They are simply allegations. We don't have the formal contracts needed to be able to judge fairly. To insinuate that any side of the Axl vs S/D fracas is at fault, is to simply show your bias to one side or the other. We simply have no idea what the real deal is. 10

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

agreed.^^

btw, Mickey has always been my favorite actor. Check out the movie Diner to really see how much potential he had at that time and threw away sad

Another thing Axl and Mickey have in common.... they were both fucking that Sasha chick. She definitely has a type of guy she likes, doesn't she?:haha:

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

agreed.^^

btw, Mickey has always been my favorite actor. Check out the movie Diner to really see how much potential he had at that time and threw away sad

Another thing Axl and Mickey have in common.... they were both fucking that Sasha chick. She definitely has a type of guy she likes, doesn't she?:haha:

Diner is hilarious. That popcorn scene. Holy shit. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

Quite frankly, the publishing stuff and the business dealings on the old catalog are WAY above anyone on this boards head. Your speculation is fruitless as there are NO legal documents that have surfaced in regards to publishing. Lawsuits or Complaints filed by Slash/Duff against Axl are not proof of anything. They are simply allegations. We don't have the formal contracts needed to be able to judge fairly. To insinuate that any side of the Axl vs S/D fracas is at fault, is to simply show your bias to one side or the other. We simply have no idea what the real deal is. 10

I agree....i was just saying that there always seems to be lawsuits or threats of lawsuits with these guys and thats not how freinds act to each other in my experience 16

But no i dont mean to insinuate that i know anything about anything regarding legal matters of any sort

If they sued Axl before for lost revenue regarding blackhawk down and other movies cuz Axl blocked the use of the songs then if he gave away the use of SCOM for free for "The Wrestler" then i'm sure there would be tension there as well...thats all i'm saying ... especially now that the movie has won awards 19

Sky Dog wrote:

friends don't sue other friends.....it is pretty obvious that Slash/Duff and Axl aren't real "friends" anymore. Period. They are still business partners in some capacity, but that is it....and all those business dealings are done through attorney's and managers. 17

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

I agree....i was just saying that there always seems to be lawsuits or threats of lawsuits with these guys and thats not how freinds act to each other in my experience 16

But no i dont mean to insinuate that i know anything about anything regarding legal matters of any sort

If they sued Axl before for lost revenue regarding blackhawk down and other movies cuz Axl blocked the use of the songs then if he gave away the use of SCOM for free for "The Wrestler" then i'm sure there would be tension there as well...thats all i'm saying ... especially now that the movie has won awards 19

The movie is not hugely profitable. It's not some action blockbuster raking in the big bucks. It's an indie flick that has only been released in a few theaters across the country. It will get expanded to more theaters sometime soon, but I don't think it's going to make any more than $20-30 million.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't know shit either, but for him to thank Axl could be misinformed, and Slash also performs on the movie score.  Pretty cool I guess.  My guess is Mickey really can't thank anyone because even he probably doesn't know the details.

Sky Dog wrote:

come on....he knows the details.......we don't. A  movie with no budget knows how and why they got what they get. However, that doesn't mean Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler weren't needed to sign off on it. Again, we don't know the details of their publishing relationship. And, again, your bias to Slash and the other guys is what I talked about in my prior post. You don't know what your talking about yet you tend to immediately side with an anti Axl stance. You just assume that because Mickey only gave a shout out to Axl that Mickey was some how wrong or misinformed. Too funny...

Board footer