You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses

misterID wrote:

Axl does good in a festival enviorment about playing on time. I think it would be clear he wouldn't be headlining. It could work.

But GNR need to find a new guitarist or start making negotiations to get Robin to come back... Or Buckethead...

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

A good idea, but won't work out. First of all, there is no Guns N' roses at the moment, only Axl Rose in his Malibu home. Second, they toured in the past and had major problems between the bands. Credit goes to Axl. Hetfield was pissed off cause GN'R was the true headliner and Metallica had to play before them. Not that GN'R would have been that bigger, but Axl's late show-ups decided the order. Hetfield & Co (minus Lars) were pissed off for Axl's god-like behaviour, too, and last, but not least, when Hetfield got burned by the pyro on a show and had to finish their set early, GN'R showed up very late and played a short (not extended, like they promised) show.

Axl wouldn't play before Metallica and Hetfield wouldn't play before Nu-GN'R, neither he'd wait 6 hours for Axl to show up and do his show. Never say never, but it will definetely not happen in the forseeable future.

That was in Montreal.  Axl cut the show short during the 3rd song which was LALD.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

A good idea, but won't work out. First of all, there is no Guns N' roses at the moment, only Axl Rose in his Malibu home. Second, they toured in the past and had major problems between the bands. Credit goes to Axl. Hetfield was pissed off cause GN'R was the true headliner and Metallica had to play before them. Not that GN'R would have been that bigger, but Axl's late show-ups decided the order. Hetfield & Co (minus Lars) were pissed off for Axl's god-like behaviour, too, and last, but not least, when Hetfield got burned by the pyro on a show and had to finish their set early, GN'R showed up very late and played a short (not extended, like they promised) show.

Axl wouldn't play before Metallica and Hetfield wouldn't play before Nu-GN'R, neither he'd wait 6 hours for Axl to show up and do his show. Never say never, but it will definetely not happen in the forseeable future.

That was in Montreal.  Axl cut the show short during the 3rd song which was LALD.

They played a bit longer set than 3 songs, but Axl fucked it up, without a doubt. I don't think the Metallica guys will tour with him, unless he signes papers with major fines in case of no-show ups, late shows and other fuck-ups.

08.08.92 - Stade Du Parc Olympique, Montreal, Canada
opening act: Faith No More
set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Nightrain, Perfect Crime, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War

attendance: 53,000
audio/video recording?: audio, video [incomplete]

notes: This show is marred by the second riot on the UYI tour. During Metallica's set, James Hetfield suffers 3rd degree burns by walking into pyrotechnics, forcing Metallica to cut their set short. During GN'R's set, Axl mentions that 'Perfect Crime' is the theme song for a movie that the band has been planning about the UYU tour. Before 'Double Talkin' Jive,' Axl says that this will be “our last show for a long fucking time.” At the end of 'Civil War,' Axl says “Thanks you, your money will be refunded, we're outta here.” An announcer comes onstage and tells the crowd that the show is over

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i thought metallica and gnr split the closing slot one night gnr would close t he next metallica would close

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Metallica's so much bigger today. James Hetfield won't open for Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer. A reunited GN'R (which is not an option for years) could do a rotated headliner tour. Today's GN'R...not.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Metallica's so much bigger today. James Hetfield won't open for Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer. A reunited GN'R (which is not an option for years) could do a rotated headliner tour. Today's GN'R...not.

no but in 92 they split the duties correct?

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

No, always GN'R was the main headliner, Metallica played before them every night.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl does good in a festival enviorment about playing on time. I think it would be clear he wouldn't be headlining. It could work..

in 2006, he was late for every single show....never got on stage before 23h00...which was an early start for him maybe, but not for the waiting crowd...GNR was a headliner on those festivals, so they were always last ones to play, thus allowing Axl to control appearance time....

nice idea this Metallica/GNR thing...but i seriously doubt it would work...both bands would be setting themselves up for disappointment and trouble and all sorts of issues with this...

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
elmir wrote:

in 2006, he was late for every single show....never got on stage before 23h00...which was an early start for him maybe, but not for the waiting crowd...GNR was a headliner on those festivals, so they were always last ones to play, thus allowing Axl to control appearance time....

sorry but you're wrong, in dublin they started their set in full daylight. just an example off the top of my head

Mikkamakka wrote:

No, always GN'R was the main headliner, Metallica played before them every night.

i think neemo is right, they split the last spot. but that's all from memory so i might be mistaking. 19

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer