You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Mikkamakka wrote:

They were on the edge because of the drugs and Axl's erratic behaviour. The drugs were left behind, but Axl didn't change for good.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, like I said: the horn section was Axl's idea. Then Slash thought that it should be an all-female horn section.

Whoever's idea it was, chicks in thongs or not, a horn section was LAME.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I agree and I think an all-chick horn section is even lamer. However, for a part of a long tour it was acceptable.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
DCK wrote:

Paul, like Izzy, was not into the whole big touring thing that comes with GN'R, and realized it was time to let Axl find a touring guitarist - Richard Fortus.

Buckethead left because Buckethead doesn't work long term in GN'R, or any major band act for that matter. Bucket is too underground, too widely unpredictable, and frankly I think is a bit 'too Axl' for Axl. I don't think Axl ran him off, I think Bucket is the type of guy that needs to keep busy, and frankly the GN'R fans hated him then. HATED him. All of this 'Bucket love' has only manifested itself in recent years, as fans have discovered, they didn't realize the band they truely had in 2001/02. I think then, if Axl had seen more support from the fanbase for Bucket, he'd of tried even more than he did to keep him. They also tried to get Izzy to return in 2001 & Bucket in 2006, both of which turned it down. I don't think it's Axl, I think it's GN'R, and the spotlight that comes with that brand name. They just don't dig it.

Robin is opting for NIN, because Robin just doesn't work on Axl's timetable. Most musicians want to keep busy, and Robin ain't Axl. Axl's got a pile of money he sits on, and can do the whole "take my time" thing, which drives most musicians crazy. Robin is no different. Bottom line, he'd rather be with an active-NIN than an inactive-GN'R. I don't think it's an artistic or personal statement towards Axl.

Richard is a touring musician. Always has been, always will be. He brings nothing to the table, he's simply a guy that gets the band by, and personally I feel that 'in-studio' Axl still sees GNR's rhythm guitarist as Paul and maybe Izzy someday again. Richard is Gilby Clarke 2000.

Brain simply took off, because of his child. I think this is obvious by the fact Brain WANTS to comeback. If you have issues with a band or it's frontman, you don't WANT to comeback. Brain does. That shows you there's still a friendship there, and they respect him as an artist.

Absolutely. People are WAY to easy and way to quick to assume that people leave because they have a thing against Axl. They can have a million thing against anything in the machinery on top of personal decisions as well. Paul didn't leave because he hated Axl. He just helped Axl out to begin with. Bucket left because he's Bucket. Robin left after 10 years (if we are to belive so) and I think it's fair to any musician to move on after 10 years in a band. Brain is like you say, he had a baby, Axl gave him plenty of room to manouver. He wants to come back. May or may not.

So before you dig into a body count list, dig a little further into each and every personality and see there's more to it than "Axl's a dick so he left".

Slash left because Slash thinks Axl is a dick to him. That's fair.
Duff left because he felt there was no point in going on. That's fair too.
Matt got fired because he's a dork
Izzy left because he got sober and had no interest in going the way Axl did. That doesn't mean they can't see eye to eye. They had a thing for years but they're friends again. We don't know half of it.

I can't agreed more you took the words of my mouth 22 big_smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Some people are way too quick to make excuses for Axl.  Don't bother, he has plenty of his own and doesn't need or want your help.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I agree and I think an all-chick horn section is even lamer. However, for a part of a long tour it was acceptable.

Yeah, I could see a reason for it just for like November Rain or even Live And Let Die, but some of that live footage makes me cringe. 18

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I hated what they did to Move To The City by including the horn solos. I usually fast forwarded that part, but if I didnt, I was so relieved when Slash's solo came up. It was a breath of fresh air.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the tokyo vids were pretty bad all in all i'd have to say

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the tokyo vids were pretty bad all in all i'd have to say

Agreed. They played so many great shows, that was kind of an odd one to release, as it wasn't their best. Paris 92 has always been a favorite of mine.

Board footer