You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Sky Dog wrote:

"But the album has sold 2.6 million copies worldwide, according to Universal -- a number that counts only retail purchases -- and the company plans to start promoting another single soon."

hardly a failure commercially....just sayin.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think it is pathetic that fans want the old band back together and will beat that drum all the time at a web site devoted to the new version of the band. I think it's very pathetic, and nothing anyone says will change my mind of that. I do not want BH back in the band, I'm very clear on that. He's better solo. I heard him on CD, and it wasn't the Bucket I know and love, but do you see my pining for his return. No. Some, maybe. But that's for them.

I could give two shits about how much a reunion album would sell. I want to see the band evolve. If that means, it's just Axl and a computer, so be it. Let's hear it. Bucket plays with just himself and an iPod all the time and it owns.

Axl tries to slam the door shut on a reunion whenever he "talks" publicly, but some are too thickheaded to take it in. He's trying to tell us all something, but we don't listen. Or we don't choose to listen. Go on and keep preaching how old GNR was better, how this would be so much better with Slash, how GNR will never be as successful as it once was. You know what? You're mostly right.

The difference is, I chose to move on. Others cannot, will not or simply do not want to. Good for you. Like I said. I think it's pathetic they hang out here for the sole purpose of denigrating Axl and this band. It's like a badge of honor to hate Axl and GNR, it's a badge of honor to only like two songs on the album, it's a badge of honor to think CD sucks.

Hooray for you. You've made it effectively impossible to have a positive conversation about GNR. Not just here, I understand that James, but everywhere. You guys have made a difference.

It certainly says something about GNR "fans" that the best conversation I can have about CD is over at buckethead.tk, a place that HATES, absolutely HATES, Axl and GNR. But guess what? They talk about the music. About the present. Not about the past. And that's fucking refreshing.

What he said.

People DO keep putting Axl and the new band down.  Does Axl bring that on himself?  Maybe, but what good does it bring to hammer away at the same point(s) over and over and over.  The people pining for a reunion just can't get over the fact that it won't ever happen and that's becoming more clear with each passing day.  Let Slash do his thing, let Axl do his thing, and ultimately YOU do YOUR thing.  As long as both of them are happy doing what they're doing I don't see why we as "fans" can't be as well.  This isn't 1991 anymore and GNR are no longer the most dangerous band in the world selling out stadiums worldwide.  But I'm still hearing some kick ass music from the GNR brand.  So that's all that really matters.  For those of you who don't like the new music, maybe the ride ends here.  And I don't mean that in a condescending way, but this does appear to be the future of GNR (whatever that may be).  It certainly doesn't appear that we're gonna revert to old Guns anytime EVER.  So why follow something you're not a fan of?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think it is pathetic that fans want the old band back together and will beat that drum all the time at a web site devoted to the new version of the band. I think it's very pathetic, and nothing anyone says will change my mind of that. I do not want BH back in the band, I'm very clear on that. He's better solo. I heard him on CD, and it wasn't the Bucket I know and love, but do you see my pining for his return. No. Some, maybe. But that's for them.

I could give two shits about how much a reunion album would sell. I want to see the band evolve. If that means, it's just Axl and a computer, so be it. Let's hear it. Bucket plays with just himself and an iPod all the time and it owns.

Axl tries to slam the door shut on a reunion whenever he "talks" publicly, but some are too thickheaded to take it in. He's trying to tell us all something, but we don't listen. Or we don't choose to listen. Go on and keep preaching how old GNR was better, how this would be so much better with Slash, how GNR will never be as successful as it once was. You know what? You're mostly right.

The difference is, I chose to move on. Others cannot, will not or simply do not want to. Good for you. Like I said. I think it's pathetic they hang out here for the sole purpose of denigrating Axl and this band. It's like a badge of honor to hate Axl and GNR, it's a badge of honor to only like two songs on the album, it's a badge of honor to think CD sucks.

Hooray for you. You've made it effectively impossible to have a positive conversation about GNR. Not just here, I understand that James, but everywhere. You guys have made a difference.

It certainly says something about GNR "fans" that the best conversation I can have about CD is over at buckethead.tk, a place that HATES, absolutely HATES, Axl and GNR. But guess what? They talk about the music. About the present. Not about the past. And that's fucking refreshing.

My post wasn't about you.  My post was very general.  I'm not sure why you've chosen to make it personal.

Before you go blaming me, take a look at my posting history.  You'll see it's been drastically lower since CD came out.  I don't like it, therefore I have stayed out of most of the discussions unless a response is warranted.  I haven't asked for or about a reunion in quite awhile.  Yes, I only like 2 songs and yes, I think CD sucks.  That's current, that's all about the music.  According to you, I should move on and not post on a website dedicated to my favorite band.  That's not going to happen and if that makes me pathetic in your mind, so be it.  I'd prefer being pathetic and true to what I love than to be playing an Axl apologist on a website dedicated to a band and not to a person.

CD has vindicated me.  I've said for years that if it ever came out that it would be a failure.  I was right.  The facts back me up, yet you don't see me gloating about it.  I never wanted CD to fail, I just saw it for what it was.  And it was all about the music.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Fuck all of you that think you have to be 100% behind CD to be interested in Axl or Guns N' Roses.  It's you guys that need to wake up to reality, not the rest of us.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
bigbri wrote:

good post bigbri

these sentiments have been made before, by myself included, although you're the first person i've noticed say that bucket is more suited as a solo artist. i tend to agree with that.  maybe i should check out bucket's forum more often - I like Bucket and New Gnr.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Fuck all of you that think you have to be 100% behind CD to be interested in Axl or Guns N' Roses.  It's you guys that need to wake up to reality, not the rest of us.

That wasn't very nice.  You don't need to be 100% behind CD, but CD seems to exemplify what GNR is these days.  So if you don't like that, I'm not so sure you're ever gonna like anything they do in the future.  That seems to be the reality to me.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

[although you're the first person i've noticed say that bucket is more suited as a solo artist.

I said that immediately when I was introduced to BHs solo work.  It's far, far superior to anything he did in GnR.  It was further proof that he didn't fit in with the band.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not going to get into a tit-for-tat internet argument, especially one of this low quality. I made my point and stand by it.

By no means am I going to wake up to your "reality." My reality is rooted in the present, thanks.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That wasn't very nice.  You don't need to be 100% behind CD, but CD seems to exemplify what GNR is these days.  So if you don't like that, I'm not so sure you're ever gonna like anything they do in the future.  That seems to be the reality to me.

It wasn't intended to be nice, it was intended to be honest.  You guys need to get off your high horse.  You preach about how people can't accept the new band, yet refuse to accept that some people are always going to prefer the old band and that doesn't mean they aren't interested in what is going on.  Somewhat hypocritical, don't you think?

I like and have always liked 2 songs on CD.  Does that mean because I don't like a majority of them that I don't have the right to voice my opinions? 

I see people preaching that the band is evolving.  Doesn't that imply it will continue to evolve?  Doesn't that mean the sound will change?  Doesn't losing Finck (possibly) mean the sound will change?  Doesn't giving Axl more time to tinker with the songs mean the sound is going to change?  So how can you say if you don't like it now that you'll never like it?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

you can be nice and honest at the same time

Board footer