You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: Happy Birthday... Axl

NY Giants82 wrote:

Okay so if I post a happy birthday buzzsaw thread!, it'd be okay for people who disagree or don't like you, to take pot shots? No it wouldn't. There's a time and place for everything.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Okay so if I post a happy birthday buzzsaw thread!, it'd be okay for people who disagree or don't like you, to take pot shots? No it wouldn't. There's a time and place for everything.

People take shots at me all the time, many of them deserved.  I've gotten used to it.  It wouldn't bother me a bit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Reality doesn't take birthdays off.  In fact, a birthday is the perfect time to assess someone's life to date.

Yes, but assessment is in the eye of the beholder. If I look at Axl I see a guy who could be said to have some problems but also has achieved more in his life than most of us do. He has come from a tough background, become famous, wealthy, made a bunch of great artwork and thus enriched the lives of a lot of people. Is he the perfect human? No. Is there stuff he could do that would please others more? yeah. But he is who he is - and the point of this thread was to wish him well on his birthday - as a human being - strentgths, faults and all - so it's kinda distasteful to start taking shots at him - especially when there are plenty of other threads for that very purpose.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

eh - you get what you deserve.  It sucks for him that he's created a situation that people have such strong feelings about him.  It goes with the territory of being rich and famous and accomplishing more than most of us do.  One of the many, many reasons that I would never want to live in the public eye. 

I still don't think there was anything wrong with what I said originally and if you guys would stop harping on it, this thread can die away as it should.  There are more posts complaining about me that actually wishing the guy a happy birthday (which I did btw).  I get it - some people didn't like what I said.  Noted.

Board footer