You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Street of Dreams to be 3rd Single?

bigbri wrote:

Of course it will tank, it will not get any promo or a video.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I'm going against the popular opinion here and will say that SOD is a VERY good choice.  I say this because it sounds MORE like old guns, at least UYI era guns.  The song could help sales but without promo or video then bigbri has just played Nostradamus and given the accurate future of the single.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

The Blues is a good choice for a single.  Better this than Scrapped.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
madagas wrote:

i kinda dig this asian lassie and UMA!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hHburo9 … re=related

Heh.  Chiaki huh?  I actually drank with her once a couple Halloweens ago.  She had her signature hair up in a hat, so I totally didn't realize it was her into way into the conversation.  We were talking about films, she starts talking about Quentin, and I'm like, waitaminute! tongue

Still regret not getting a number or at least email address from her...

And on subject, I think that CD looks fake.

I also don't think that cover is a photo of Bai Ling, who incidentally, yes does look like a cheap whore.

And as for James's comment, i know many Japanese at least that would say the same thing about us whiteys all looking alike.  And since I know James said that very tongue-in-cheek, I don't think it was racist at all.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The images in the OP look fake. The CD itself looks like one of those matte labels that you can print yourself, not like it was stamped on at a manufacturing plant.

If S.O.D. is the next single, then I agree with everyone who says it will flop. It's cheesy as hell. "Better" is the catchiest song on the album and it hasn't done very well, which means pretty much everything else on the album is doomed to flop big time. Having said that, they should use "If The World" as the third single instead of S.O.D. It's got more potential.

And Tia Carerra is indeed smokin' hot.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

This is the time to bring out TWAT.  That song more than any other song links the old to the new imo. 

There's no point in doing a single just for the sake of doing a single.  If they have no intention of promoting it right now, wait until you do to release a single.

Sky Dog wrote:

agree on TWAT....much better than SOD.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I always thought SOD would be a smash, if released and promoted properly. I'm not sure if it would be now. There may be better choices at this point. I, too, wouldnt mind seeing TWAT, but if they did, they had better not cut out BH's solo to make it radio friendly. Fuck that.

NY Giants82 wrote:

Fuck that.

If they did, it would probably sound like the "original" leak from 2006 with the solo edit.

I wouldn't really mind, since the that particular solo is awesome in any shape or form.

As for the topic - I have no problem with Street of Dreams being the third single even though this is obviously fake.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think TWAT would bomb. Nobody I know has liked that song in any shape or form. Plus CD and Better were apparantly too long for radio and got chopped up, TWATs even longer.

If they could get a deal with somebody running commercials on TV might be a good idea to create a little bit of interest. 30 seconds of a catchy moment in one song might get people thinking "that song sounds pretty cool, who does that?"

CD is a decent album but its none of the songs on would really catch on with a wide audience. The album as a whole has something for everyone, but individually each song has just as many people people disliking it as its does enjoying, and thats even amongst GN'R fans.
Oops I mean  "fans"

Board footer