You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: European tour in the works?

Neemo wrote:

more like they wanna make music and play it ... not spin their wheels and pour over the same songs endlessly in a dark studio in the malibu hills

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't think that's Axl's intention.  I don't think he wanted to lose Bucket and/or Robin.  And I don't think he wants a revolving door of musicians coming and going.

Doesn't this all speak volumes?  He didn't want to lose Izzy, Slash, BH, Robin, possibly others...once again, what is the common bond here?  Why do you think all of these musicians left?

Obviously Axl's not the easiest guy to work with.  I don't think anyone will dispute that.  He works on his own timetable, while most if not all of the guys who left like to work much more consistently.  I think that's probably the root of everything, and I'd have to think he knows that to a point.  So he knows the risk he runs by going at his own pace.  Guys may get fed up with it and leave.  Maybe he's alright with that, or maybe he thought THESE guys were different. 

It seems like Buckethead just wasn't a match from the beginning.  He's an amazing player and gave us some great stuff in his short time, but it seems he just loves to play and stay active and he doesn't seem to be fit for the big time.  No offense meant there, just seems like he's more comfortable playing for smaller, more intimate crowds, for dedicated fans.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Robin had another big name band to fall back on so I'm assuming he saw that as a more appealing option.  Maybe Axl didn't expect him to feel that way but in the end Robin may have just had enough of the waiting.  All you can do is speculate since he's never given his side of the story.  It doesn't appear that it was a messy breakup as the door has always been open for him to return.

Tommy has resisted reuninting with The Replacements all these years and apparently that won't happen.  The others don't have any major acts to leave GNR for, so it wouldn't be a smart move for them to disband.  They're in a good spot though as they can work on side projects during downtime and it doesn't look like they're not committed to the band.  Guys have to work.  I think Axl's beginning to understand that.

On the Robin thing, look at his record. He's a touring guy. That's what he always was, and probably will always feel best doing.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

there`s a rumor with OCESA

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm pretty sure they were making money as they were contract employees.  It has nothing to do with the money.

Granted, but I don't think they enjoyed just sitting around and waiting for Axl.  Plus, money is ALWAYS a factor.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

there`s a rumor with OCESA

What?

iu said the same thing...i googled it ... its the mexican association for concerts and such smile

Board footer