You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

no Izzy bashing...he was talking about the 2006 tour and how it was cool because he didn't have to depend on Izzy...he could just come in when he wanted. They were going to do the show anyway so if he didn't show or remember a song, it didn't matter. He was not complaining about Izzy.

"The Izzy bit was fun -- and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time."

Ok.  I misread that part madagas.  Sorry.  It's an interesting piece nonetheless and like I said.  To Del's credit, he asked a few tough questions.  Not reassuring as far as another record goes though.  Also interesting to see that Brain is still considered a part of his band.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

More of the same stuff, but I love reading it every time.  Axl speaks so infrequently so when he does I just find it fascinating, even if he's basically saying the same things (Slash bashing).  I know Axl will get reamed for days/weeks now for those comments but the man is sticking to his guns.

Sky Dog wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

no Izzy bashing...he was talking about the 2006 tour and how it was cool because he didn't have to depend on Izzy...he could just come in when he wanted. They were going to do the show anyway so if he didn't show or remember a song, it didn't matter. He was not complaining about Izzy.

"The Izzy bit was fun -- and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time."

Ok.  I misread that part madagas.  Sorry.  It's an interesting piece nonetheless and like I said.  To Del's credit, he asked a few tough questions.  Not reassuring as far as another record goes though.  Also interesting to see that Brain is still considered a part of his band.

sounds to me like anyone who is on the record is still considered a part of the band....:haha:

as for the next record, I think there is another record there

"You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track."

I don't think there is a trilogy though. Remember, he said in the chats that he thought of Chinese as a double album...said that way back in 99 to Kurt Loder as well. I don't think anything is guaranteed with this guy going forward....outside of a reunion of course. It's guaranteed to NOT happen.

AtariLegend wrote:

^ In relation to that, I think these are the key quotes.

Is anything finished?

Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?

Not something we've focused on.

Sounds like;

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!! - In 2023

faldor

faldor wrote:

Sounds like it might take another 10 years.  I'd say the next album could very well be the last, so I don't mind if it takes awhile.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I always enjoy reading and listening to axl but you cannot depend on him for info.

His take on the next album went from....

Same bat channel/same bat time.

To

"Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit".

It'll be a shame if it takes another 5-10 years cause "meaner" and "darker" gnr material is just what the doctor ordered.

Sky Dog wrote:

the most shocking part of that so called "interview" was how angry and pissed off Axl sounded....hard to do through written words.

faldor

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

the most shocking part of that so called "interview" was how angry and pissed off Axl sounded....hard to do through written words.

Axl has a way with words.  A good command of the English language to convey such hatred.  That's why his rants are legendary.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

he was pretty hard on steven and matt...and reinforced his distain for slash...called him a cancer? wow...

not sure if many will care about hte robert john fallout but seems to put the blame on merck for that

not very encouraging news about the CD followup...but since this is another lengthy interview maybe the promo wheels will finally begin turning for real?

As to who's in the band seemed like some weird answers to me...like he doesnt really know whats goin on?

Who's in the band?
I think we'll go with a combo of who's around and who's on the album for now and worry about that when we get ready to tour.

Is Robin [Finck] in the band?
Last I was aware, he had some interest in touring, though I can't say what that means until then. In our opinion, he's made things a bit awkward publicly, but that's just his way.

Is Brain in the band?
Last I checked. Brain works on several things with Guns either from his home or in the studio.

So you have two drummers? Will they both tour?
Yes, and who knows?

to me it says that anyone that appeared on the album has first dibbs, if they arent avaialble when Axl is ready then they will find replacements? did anyone else get that? and too bad Del didnt ask about bucket

anywa i always enjoy reading Axl interviews...here to hoping for more 5

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Yawn.  Wake me when he does an interview where the sole purpose isn't to bash Slash.

Board footer