You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

I always enjoy reading and listening to axl but you cannot depend on him for info.

His take on the next album went from....

Same bat channel/same bat time.

To

"Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit".

It'll be a shame if it takes another 5-10 years cause "meaner" and "darker" gnr material is just what the doctor ordered.

Axl's stories have changed about a bizillion times over the years and I'm sure we haven't heard the last prediction on when another album will come out.  I think it's safe to say at this point that his original plan of "next year same bat time, same bat channel" won't come to fruition.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yawn.  Wake me when he does an interview where the sole purpose isn't to bash Slash.

I agree to this as well...yes we get it ... you dont want anythign to do with him again...though the reunion rumors/well wishing keep popping up so maybe he feels the need to reinforce his opinion? hmm

still peopel want slash/duff to stop talking about Axl...turn about is fair play i say

faldor

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

he was pretty hard on steven and matt...and reinforced his distain for slash...called him a cancer? wow...

not sure if many will care about hte robert john fallout but seems to put the blame on merck for that

not very encouraging news about the CD followup...but since this is another lengthy interview maybe the promo wheels will finally begin turning for real?

As to who's in the band seemed like some weird answers to me...like he doesnt really know whats goin on?

Who's in the band?
I think we'll go with a combo of who's around and who's on the album for now and worry about that when we get ready to tour.

Is Robin [Finck] in the band?
Last I was aware, he had some interest in touring, though I can't say what that means until then. In our opinion, he's made things a bit awkward publicly, but that's just his way.

Is Brain in the band?
Last I checked. Brain works on several things with Guns either from his home or in the studio.

So you have two drummers? Will they both tour?
Yes, and who knows?

to me it says that anyone that appeared on the album has first dibbs, if they arent avaialble when Axl is ready then they will find replacements? did anyone else get that? and too bad Del didnt ask about bucket

anywa i always enjoy reading Axl interviews...here to hoping for more 5

I thought the same thing about his comments on Steven and Matt initially but I think he was basically saying that while their drumming was good for the time they now sound outdated.  Although he did say Steven was quite hard to work with, so yeah I guess he slammed him pretty hard.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yawn.  Wake me when he does an interview where the sole purpose isn't to bash Slash.

I agree to this as well...yes we get it ... you dont want anythign to do with him again...though the reunion rumors/well wishing keep popping up so maybe he feels the need to reinforce his opinion? hmm

still peopel want slash/duff to stop talking about Axl...turn about is fair play i say

Yeah, that's the only reason I don't think he's completely out of line.  I remember on this very forum so many people were buying into the reunion talk weeks after CD was released.  I was simply amazed that people could actually believe that.  Axl's hardline stance, hopefully, puts an end to those thoughts.  But in the end, it's up to Axl to decide when enough is enough.  I would think once the band gets back out on the road the focus will shift to the present/future, but we'll see.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i forgot to mention that it seems brain has been regulated to mostly studio help...but he wasnt shutting the door on him taggin along for a tour...i'm willing to wager that Frank is the "go-to guy" at the moment

Sky Dog wrote:

edit: i had no point...much like Axl's rambling nonsense....:haha:

Sky Dog wrote:

Here's the story....reunion won't ever happen, he may or may not tour, may or may not release another album, and he considers the band to be the people on the record.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks for posting Atari.

buzzsaw wrote:

Agreed. Should shut up alot of "All Slash does is still bash Axl" people for good. Insightful, but I wouldn't call it a very good interview. Last thing I want to hear is how Axl doesn't look fondly upon AFD or UYI..

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
madagas wrote:

Here's the story....reunion won't ever happen, he may or may not tour, may or may not release another album, and he considers the band to be the people on the record.

yeah, tbh the interview seems like a hoax. I doubt it is, but I can't imagine after NOT talking for months, he'd give 1 small interview & bash the originals the whole time. Who knows.

Sky Dog wrote:

that's no hoax.....too much detail in certain parts.

Board footer