You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

-D- wrote:

HAHAHA

Yeah, just keep taking the high road. It would have to  piss him off a bit

Do u guys think Slash really showed up at the Hard Rock with his guitar?

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
-D- wrote:

HAHAHA

Yeah, just keep taking the high road. It would have to  piss him off a bit

Do u guys think Slash really showed up at the Hard Rock with his guitar?

don't know. don't care.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

so if a guy with holds millions of dollars from u and is trying to cheat u out of royalties, u wouldnt sue?

Come on

I just wish Slash would take the gloves off and fire back. THAT would be entertaining.

Where exactly is your proof that Axl withheld royalties from Slash? Filing a lawsuit and stating a complaint is not proof, it is making an allegation. That's right, you have no proof. I, on the other hand, have proof that Slash filed two lawsuits against Axl, and Slash subsequently dropped those two suits. Again, friends don't file lawsuits against friends. 15

-D-

-D- wrote:

Doesn't matter whose fault it is. If u think someone is withholding earnings from you etc, u sue.

that's just business.

Sky Dog wrote:

not sure what you do, but that is not just business. I have dealt with literally hundreds of lawsuits and legal matters for my company for 17 years. You make good faith efforts to resolve disputes. You don't file fivolous lawsuits, cost the defendant thousands of dollars to defend it, then just drop it. Sorry. It is not just business. It is being an inconsiderate asshole.

For example, Alex Lifeson from Rush filed a frivolous lawsuit against the company I work for. The lawsuit eventually was dismissed by the court because he didn't have a case against us. We paid 1.5 million in legal fees to defend ourself. He later apologized and said he felt bad for doing it. Well, fuck you 1.5 million later. 2

-D-

-D- wrote:

One of the lawsuits was Axl passing up movie deals to include songs.

Well, I can understand suing someone who won't talk to u. That is where u are going wrong. Axl wouldn't take their phone calls I am sure, so how else can u communicate and find out stuff when the other party refuses to speak to u?

Maybe they dropped the lawsuit because Axl started fielding more movie offers *If u noticed, GNR songs in movies/games have increased since those lawsuits.

Then u had the little matter of Duff and SLash not receiving royalty checks because Axl switched the publishing without letting them know.

So they sued.  I assume once they sued, Axl got his lawyers on the phone to explain the situation, checks started coming, so they dropped the suits.

So explain to me how that is frivolous?  unless their are other suits u are aware of.

Sky Dog wrote:

granted, I don't know if the lawsuits were frivolous or not. However, everything you are saying is an assumption as you weren't there and you are only basing your arguments on hearsay from one party. The simple fact is two lawsuits were filed and two were dropped.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

how many more interviews does he have to do to say the same thing over and over, its getting like hearing about how adler has fucked up once again, every other week...move ON axl

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

Agreed. Now he's done with Slash. Move on. Slash taken care of. Now I wanna hear about Chinese Democracy instead.

the first one was enough IMO but i don't fault him since it was his turn to retaliate for the years of comments from slash.

if it were up to me, I would have just released SORRY as a single and let the lyrics and music do the talking.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Two lawsuits were filed that I know of cause the info was on HTGTH. one was due to Axl not accepting any movie offers for songs

the other was when he sold his publishing to Sanctuary and Slash and Duff stopped getting checks.

Those are two well documented lawsuits that were all over HTGTH.

I'll do u one better, a third revolved around some sort of T Shirt or something if i recall correctly.

Board footer