You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash Basically Blaming Axl

-D- wrote:

Had to be a great gig, getting paid to tour with other bands and make solo albums.

sign me up

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Atari,
Tommy Stinson was working in telesales when Axl picked him up. His profile was ZERO, he was no longer a successful musician.
Izzy, Slash, Duff, Bucket, Robin, Freese all were working musicians with careers in the business. Tommy had nothing.

AtariLegend wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Izzy, Slash, Duff, Bucket, Robin, Freese all were working musicians with careers in the business.

No they weren't, they played small bars.

I'd like to point out that Finck was still there 10 years.

As for Tommy's profile being zero... tongue

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

fair deuce Atari, you stand your ground I'll give you that.
Regardless, you're a tiny monority, good luck with that.

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

I think if you look at the careers of Bucket, Robin and Freese they were a much bigger deal than bar musicians when they joined GNR.

Regarding Finck, he left GNR before remember? I wouldn't count him as a great example.

Tommy was very much in the hard shoulder of the business when he got into GNR. I'm not knocking him, he's a great guy with a great history but he was down on his luck and the business had finished with him back then, it's just the way it was.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'd make a case that Tommy was always a nobody, but that's just my opinion.  I don't care for his former band, nor his solo work, nor whatever minimal contributions he made to GnR.  Based on album sales (I know, not everything), I'm not alone either.

Kudos to Tommy - his old band influenced a lot of crappy bands.  Yipee.

AtariLegend wrote:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Does this somehow refute that they influenced a bunch of crappy bands or that I think he's a nobody?  I'm guessing no.

I got that Tommy is used to working with a dictator singer out of that video.  Did I miss something of value?

AtariLegend wrote:

Yeah, that he wasn't a nobody.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Yeah, that he wasn't a nobody.

I missed that.  Even after watching it again.

Board footer