You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GnR holding audititons for a replacement for Robin?

russtcb wrote:

Then Axl gets to look like a bad guy again if they go out and have to cancel shows because one of their guitarists is on the other side of the world.

Gee, Axl having to cancel shows? I can't even begin to comprehend such a scenario. 16 Where talking about the "king of selfish assholes" here. Izzy's free spirit-ness wouldn't be much of a tour threat. I mean, Izzy misses a show or 2 because he'd rather be riding his bike in the desert, Axl misses a show or 2 because he'd rather be eating lamb and watching basketball. Point being, Axl doesn't need much help in looking like the "bad guy".

madagas wrote:

anything short of Robin, Bucket, or Paul is ridiculous in my opinion...at least use 3 of the 5 guitarists on the album.

Hell, during the 02', 06' tours, Axl was touring the world, playing AFD with 3-4 guitarists who had absolutely jack shit to do with that magic. I can't see the absence of the 3 yahoos you mentioned being much of a stretch. Especially considering the majority of fans in attendance will be there to hear the timeless classics (AFD, Lies, UYI), not the album with no hit singles.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
Otis Western- wrote:
madagas wrote:

anything short of Robin, Bucket, or Paul is ridiculous in my opinion...at least use 3 of the 5 guitarists on the album.

Hell, during the 02', 06' tours, Axl was touring the world, playing AFD with 3-4 guitarists who had absolutely jack shit to do with that magic. I can't see the absence of the 3 yahoos you mentioned being much of a stretch. Especially considering the majority of fans in attendance will be there to hear the timeless classics (AFD, Lies, UYI), not the album with no hit singles.

I am not talking about the 2002 or 2006 tours. In my opinion, whether you like it or not, the guys who play on Chinese are now an official part of the Gnr legacy. I want to see a real Chinese Democracy tour performed by bandmembers who play on the album. Is that hard to understand? I also don't give a shit if they play the classics or not.

My world is real simple. I like the old band and I like the new band. I also don't give a flying fuck which one is more popular or which one has the most hit singles. 22

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Madagas, I'm with you. But fans like us are few and far between. A lot of people live in the past and don't want to evolve. They have some irrational dislike of anything that remotely relates to how the world has evolved while they are still pining for something long since gone. Not to mention that no matter what happens, those times are gone and cannot be replicated even by those who created them. It's sad because there is a lot out there to like, GNR-related and otherwise.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

GN'Rs popularity was in rapid decline by the end of the Illusion tour and The Spagetti Incident hardly set the world on fire, a lot of people seem to conveniently forget that and sweep it under the carpet when pining for days of yore.
I'm not bothered at all about hearing the hits live, they never played most of the songs I wanted to hear anyway when I seen them in 06. The past is the past, when I go to see this version of GNR its to experience the new music, anything else will be a bonus.

Sky Dog wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Madagas, I'm with you. But fans like us are few and far between. A lot of people live in the past and don't want to evolve. They have some irrational dislike of anything that remotely relates to how the world has evolved while they are still pining for something long since gone. Not to mention that no matter what happens, those times are gone and cannot be replicated even by those who created them. It's sad because there is a lot out there to like, GNR-related and otherwise.

I would love to see the Stones in 72 or the Who in 71 or the Clash in 79. Hell, I would love to see Gnr in 87-88 (as I only saw them in 91-92-93). You are right. Those bands don't exist now and never will again.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

I am not talking about the 2002 or 2006 tours. In my opinion, whether you like it or not, the guys who play on Chinese are now an official part of the Gnr legacy.

I understand most of what you said except for this line.  This is so far from the truth it can't even fathom what the truth is.  The GnR legacy is AFD, Lies, UYI, SI and that's it.  Any chance of being part of the GnR legacy went out the window with no promotion and no sales.

Sky Dog wrote:

I mean official in the literal sense that the album was released as a Gnr record and they play on the album. Legacy is the wrong word I guess. They are officially on record as creating songs under the Gnr banner....not talking sales or historical relevance.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

OK - I'll give you that.

Board footer