You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GnR holding audititons for a replacement for Robin?

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

for this album and this tour, Axl needs Robin and Bucket on guitar...in the end they are the spirit of CD. Tommy, Paul, Goose, Dizzy, and Axl are the foundation, but Robin and Bucket really have the most influence....both on stage and off.

Agree completely.

I've always maintained that Robin and Bucket, despite everything, compliment each other perfectly.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

for this album and this tour, Axl needs Robin and Bucket on guitar...in the end they are the spirit of CD. Tommy, Paul, Goose, Dizzy, and Axl are the foundation, but Robin and Bucket really have the most influence....both on stage and off.

Agree completely.

I've always maintained that Robin and Bucket, despite everything, compliment each other perfectly.

A hack on guitar compliments one of the most talented players out there?  How so?  Do you mean if you combine the two, they average out to an average guitarist?  I'll give you that I guess.

Yes, Robin is all over CD.  CD was also a giant flop.  Add to that many people feel the reason for this flop is less BH on the album and more other guys, and I can't see any way that what you said even remotely makes sense.  Robin helped write one of the biggest failures in music history.  That will look good on his resume along with all his other (non-existant) writing credits.  Give the guy credit for what he did instead of making up accomplishments...he wrote part of a flop and played choppy guitar on the album.  I could have done that for 1/10th of what Axl paid him.

Robin and BH complimented each other?  Please.  CD would have been a better album without Robin.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

And Ron for that matter.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

Agree completely.

A hack on guitar compliments one of the most talented players out there?  How so?  Do you mean if you combine the two, they average out to an average guitarist?  I'll give you that I guess.

Yes, Robin is all over CD.  CD was also a giant flop.  Add to that many people feel the reason for this flop is less BH on the album and more other guys, and I can't see any way that what you said even remotely makes sense.  Robin helped write one of the biggest failures in music history.  That will look good on his resume along with all his other (non-existant) writing credits.  Give the guy credit for what he did instead of making up accomplishments...he wrote part of a flop and played choppy guitar on the album.  I could have done that for 1/10th of what Axl paid him.

Robin and BH complimented each other?  Please.  CD would have been a better album without Robin.

It's sad to see what bitterness does to some people. *cue dramatic music as buzz cries himself to sleep* sad

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's amazing what living in fairy world does to some people.  *Cue some pansy fray song lullibying MisterID to sleep*

misterID

misterID wrote:

Nice one.

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Otis Western wrote:

I wasn't at all impressed by Robin. I didn't see anything unique with his playing that an amateur at the local bar couldn't pull off. Plus, the dude looked like a freak of nature in his Gnr early days. To be quite honest, I wouldnt have a problem with Bumblewhatever or the other guys following in his footsteps. If nothing else, Axl should bring Izzy and Duff back onboard. Bring back some of that GNR sound and quality that wasn't there on Chinese Democracy.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

Agree completely.

I hate to say this but I agree with you.  Robin completely massacred Catcher in the Rye.  And his playing in general on that record was subpar.  Robin's playing has always been very sloppy at best.  So take away his sloppy parts and yeah I can see CD being way better.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Agree completely.

I hate to say this but I agree with you.  Robin completely massacred Catcher in the Rye.  And his playing in general on that record was subpar.  Robin's playing has always been very sloppy at best.  So take away his sloppy parts and yeah I can see CD being way better.

I could be wrong, but I think Ron is the one fucking it all up like a soup sandwich. You fell in the same trap I did. I called out Bucket for a crap solo only to find out it was Ron. If the solo is fucked, chances are Ron touched it.

Sky Dog wrote:

tough crowd lately....

Board footer