You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses Names Dj Ashba As Band's Newest Axeman

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Axlin08,

Your point about GN'R becoming a modern rock radio band is an interesting one. I can tolerate that style of rock if the voice is great. I fucking hate Nickelback because of Kroeger's annoying ass voice. Shinedown is one of the few modern rock bands that I enjoy and it's because of the guy's voice. Likewise with Disturbed. Put Axl with a modern rock radio style similar to Nickelback and I'd almost be able to tolerate it because of his voice.

I think that's one of the major problems with modern rock is that the vocalists are weak and streamlined. You can't tell them apart, and most of them suck.

Instrumentally, I think most modern rock or alt rock bands are pretty sturdy, and can hold their own. The vocalists are the main issue.

Regardless of past weaknesses, I think that's one of the things that makes Motley Crue & Metallica (from GNR's era) interestingly different. Crue and Metallica both have went for that modern rock sound (Metallica actually created most if it fyi), and despite the copycats of Hetfield's voice, James Hetfield is still Hetfield. He makes the songs - Metallica. Just like Neil makes Crue songs - Crue. Neil's voice grades me quickly, but he's still 'different', which is more than can be said for most.

I don't need another 'masterpiece' from GN'R, or at least not one of the wait of CD.

Axl doesn't have to keep waiting to top the last record, it's not going to happen. Just "fuck off in G", make some songs, write some lyrics, lay some vocals, and aim for a radio-ready audience. Tour constantly, and release new albums every couple years.

I'm cool with that. If I want a 'masterpiece', i've got AFD, UYI's, & the old-new era's CD.

Agreed. Have you heard that song "Bad Girlfriend" by Theory of a Dead Man? The guy sounds EXACTLY like Kroeger from Nickelback and the guitar riff is stolen from one of The Cult's popular songs. But it got a shitload of radio play in my neck of the woods because it's catchy.

Axl has one of the greatest and most unique voices in rock. If everyone else including Metallica is going to play a bunch of sellout sounding stuff, then he should join right in. He's already wasted 15 years of his career with no new material. I want him to use that voice as much as possible while he's still got it. Sadly, I think he'll just continue taking forever to put another album out. sad

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Axlin08,

Your point about GN'R becoming a modern rock radio band is an interesting one. I can tolerate that style of rock if the voice is great. I fucking hate Nickelback because of Kroeger's annoying ass voice. Shinedown is one of the few modern rock bands that I enjoy and it's because of the guy's voice. Likewise with Disturbed. Put Axl with a modern rock radio style similar to Nickelback and I'd almost be able to tolerate it because of his voice.

i can't tolerate your avatar 16
that movie was horrible

All the more reason for me to KEEP that avatar. 22:haha:

nah. you should bring back the joker.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Hopefully Ashba can push everyone into making this stuff. If Tommy are to be belived they had little clue what they were supposed to be doing. Ashba knows how it works and he can produce what we wanna hear within a fragment of what it took for CD to come out.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:

i can't tolerate your avatar 16
that movie was horrible

All the more reason for me to KEEP that avatar. 22:haha:

nah. you should bring back the joker.

Oh you like the Jokerman eh? OK, I might bring him back. 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

War, I just thought of something. My avatar could be much worse you know. It could be a zoom-in on Dr. Manhattan's big blue cock. 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Could the eve of the tour be the time to release Prostitute with a kickass video?
I think the sweet melodies and redemptive lyrics could be a radio hit and finally symbol a new positive and progressive period for GN'R.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

War, how about a little Michael Corleone?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Could the eve of the tour be the time to release Prostitute with a kickass video?
I think the sweet melodies and redemptive lyrics could be a radio hit and finally symbol a new positive and progressive period for GN'R.

Or maybe you've just taken too much NyQuil again. 16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

War, how about a little Michael Corleone?

much better than papa smurf

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Well I am smoking a reefer 21

Board footer