You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses Names Dj Ashba As Band's Newest Axeman

AtariLegend wrote:
Bumblefoot wrote:

Hey everyone, give DJ a big warm welcome! smile

http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtop … ght=#62366

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Wonder if Ashba knows what the fuck he's getting involved with. Then again, he's been with Sixx forever.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Wow I remember when we were talking about who could replace robin I was hoping DJ would but thought maybe Nikki Sixx wouldn't allow it since he and Axl "Got Beef" but wow.
Dj is the perfect replacement. His image is very like that of slash all skulls and top hats and what not. HIs playing on the Sixx AM.M. album is beautiful.
I'm just sorry DJ didn't get to record for Chinese Democracy his twisted horror infused sense of musicality would have made the likes of shacklers and Sorry that much more interesting

Here is the perfect taste of his Unbelievable Playing He plays all guitars on this track:

[youtube]nU_jZqrHP9M&feature=related[/youtube]

AND If I may say so He does a real great Slash November Rain type solo in "Accidents" its @ 2:30 on this vid ..

AtariLegend wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

[youtube]nU_jZqrHP9M&feature=related[/youtube]

I'm sorry, but that was the most embarrassing video I have ever seen.

You'll be missed Finck, anyway welcome DJ Ashba, you've just gained some of the craziest fans in music... 9

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I just wonder how this goes over with 60% of the people in the audience who now will think once again "Who the fuck is that guy?"  16

This guys seems cool though. I kinda like how he's a "lesser known"

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

di is lesser known, sure, but he does have his own fanbase to bring with him. lots of little girls think he's sooooo hot.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I just wonder how this goes over with 60% of the people in the audience who now will think once again "Who the fuck is that guy?"

They will think:

*Oh shit, Slash has started to use eyeliner
*Great, Robin has gone back to his 2002 look

The rest won't even notice it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nah fuck that this guy rocks...i'm so interested to hear his take on Robins parts...and on the old material for that matter

but yeah the Tobias/Robin/Bucket trio has totally been replaced now

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Is Richard still the third guitar player?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is a better "technical" player than Robin.  I will take that.  however, after listening to the songs, there isn't anything awesome there, its basic power chord rock with some ballsy solos and stuff like that.  Its cool, but its more modern rock and that is fine.  What GNR NEEDS is a riff writer and none of the 3 players they currently have are that.

Board footer