You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Josh Freese on Axl and Chinese Democracy

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're losing the argument...quit trying to distract from that.

I think not young apprentice.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Buzz that's all well and good, but you have no facts to back that up.  It's possible Josh actually enjoyed working with Axl and doesn't just want to keep him happy.  It is possible that some people actually like Axl Rose, believe it or not.  Josh had a lot going on, always has.  When he quit NIN did he do so because he couldn't stand working with Trent?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're losing the argument...quit trying to distract from that.

I think not young apprentice.

Interesting.  I guess that's one point of view.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Buzz that's all well and good, but you have no facts to back that up.  It's possible Josh actually enjoyed working with Axl and doesn't just want to keep him happy.  It is possible that some people actually like Axl Rose, believe it or not.

So would liking Axl fall into the category of having a reason to keep Axl happy?  You're making assumptions based on what you think I meant rather than what I said.  What I said was:

Everybody seems to have a vested interest in keeping Axl happy.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

LOL.  Everybody seems to have a vested interest in keeping Axl happy.  There are many ways to influence decisions people make and not all of them are direct.

Seriously why would Freese slam Axl in the press?  What purpos would that serve?  It would be useless.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Buzz that's all well and good, but you have no facts to back that up.  It's possible Josh actually enjoyed working with Axl and doesn't just want to keep him happy.  It is possible that some people actually like Axl Rose, believe it or not.

So would liking Axl fall into the category of having a reason to keep Axl happy?  You're making assumptions based on what you think I meant rather than what I said.  What I said was:

Everybody seems to have a vested interest in keeping Axl happy.

Well you insinuated that Axl forced Josh to quit through his actions in your analogy with the boss/employee relationship.  I do assume you were using that to illustrate the possible relationship between Axl and Josh. 

As for Josh not having any reason to slam Axl, he also has no reason to praise him.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Sorry - the boss thing had nothing to do with Josh.  paxcow asked what I was talking about in my previous post.  It was an example of a way that you can influence somebody without telling someone to do something.  It was the simplest example I could think of.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think that when all the material was new and refreshing that they actually did have a great time...billyhowerdel also has nothing but nice t hings to say about Axl ... then they both left to form a perfect circle...cant blame them they were sitting on some fabulous material there and got a world class vocalist to join them..they both had to know that gnr was nowhere close to finishing up at that point

What i would be ore interested in reading is an actual interview going into depth about what was happening with gnr at that time..there has to be a reason why nothing but OMG was released..we know some of the picture but most of that timeframe is a bit blurry and this "interview" isnt really saying anything other than he's not gonna say anything 16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

buzz, your disagreements just aren't the same without me.

Sky Dog wrote:

I must say..... I have NO interest in hearing about the recording of Chinese Democracy, I have no interest in hearing ANYTHING else about Slash in regards to the past, I have NO interest in hearing about what a clusterfuck it was between all the different bandmembers and producers and who was friends with who. I ONLY have interest in a possible tour where they play different songs off Chinese and ONLY have interest in hearing about possible future releases. Most everything I wanted to know has been supplied in bits and pieces over the years and was recently capped off with the Axl forum chats. I just want to move on from the Chinese Debacle and all the cast of characters involved.:headbang: Whew....I feel better. 15

Board footer