You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Angel Down Released Today

Neemo wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Ace how much did Baz "expect" to move on the first week?

anyway those numbers are higher than i anticipated they would be, but i'd be willing to wager that the  fanbase is run dry already so the only direction for the album to go in the charts is down, Baz just isnt a big Draw anymore, yeah hes a fantastic singer, but the style he does, isnt one that is sought after these days.... sad

I bet if Skid Row reunited that they would move 20,000 units in the first week 16 i'm kidding i know  those guys will not reunite any time soon sad

What I don't get is this sounds pretty much like old Skid Row if not better or a bit heavier.   The overall sounds of the two bands with Baz singing sound pretty similiar, the music hadn't changed drastically to not like this if you liked old Skid Row.

you missed the part that i have bolded

This style isnt "cool" for most kids these days, and they are the ones who are the main music buyers, yes it may be a good throwback for people into 80's metal, but even most of the fans from back when SkidRow was considered cool have moved on to different music tastes, like me for instance, Baz just doesnt do it for me anymore, i have no interest in angel down, even with Axl on it, the next "axl" merch i buy will be chinese democracy....CD or bust 16

Neemo wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Ace how much did Baz "expect" to move on the first week?

anyway those numbers are higher than i anticipated they would be, but i'd be willing to wager that the  fanbase is run dry already so the only direction for the album to go in the charts is down, Baz just isnt a big Draw anymore, yeah hes a fantastic singer, but the style he does, isnt one that is sought after these days.... sad

I bet if Skid Row reunited that they would move 20,000 units in the first week 16 i'm kidding i know  those guys will not reunite any time soon sad

What I don't get is this sounds pretty much like old Skid Row if not better or a bit heavier.   The overall sounds of the two bands with Baz singing sound pretty similiar, the music hadn't changed drastically to not like this if you liked old Skid Row.

you missed the part that i have bolded

This style isnt "cool" for most kids these days, and they are the ones who are the main music buyers, yes it may be a good throwback for people into 80's metal, but even most of the fans from back when SkidRow was considered cool have moved on to different music tastes, like me for instance, Baz just doesnt do it for me anymore, i have no interest in angel down, even with Axl on it, the next "axl" merch i buy will be chinese democracy....CD or bust 16

True, maybe the kids of today don't like the sound of 80 metal but maybe as much as he promoted, it just didn't reach the kids.  He needs to do more MTV, Fuse and VH1 having to do with his music.    Video's could make a difference. 

I dunno, like Russ said, I have the album and I enjoy it, low numbers doesn't make it any less enjoyable.
Although I am sure it hurts him in the pocket.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I doubt he will get the time of day from any of those outlets you've mentioned and i doubt he will get funding for a video, I'd bet thats the reason that Baz has funded this thing largely on his own in the first place. The genre is virtually no existant at the moment, nobody is willing to invest in it, however if it was a reunited SR, things may be a bit different....maybe, but that would be based on pure nostalgia

Neemo wrote:

I doubt he will get the time of day from any of those outlets you've mentioned and i doubt he will get funding for a video, I'd bet thats the reason that Baz has funded this thing largely on his own in the first place. The genre is virtually no existant at the moment, nobody is willing to invest in it, however if it was a reunited SR, things may be a bit different....maybe, but that would be based on pure nostalgia

You could be right, although you have to think, he was on Supergroup, he was on that Rap Show and he is always on those 80's metal shows commenting so they do value him.

I gotta ask Acekicken what the deal is with the videos, by what I have read on the Baz board, there could be a video in the works for By Your Side.  I'd rather him comment, or I'll check the board again and get the info.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Jani Lane ex-singer of Warrant is on reality shows all the time too, but i dont think anyone is chomping at the bit to buy a solo album or sign him to a record deal 16 19

oh you cannot compare Jani Lane to BAZ...Puleeease.

Jani Lane was on one reality show and that's it. roll

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

hes on one right now about celebrity wieght loss 16 and he looks like Backslash 14

Warrant kicks ass btw, i was just a big of fan of Warrant as I was of Skid Row tongue

Heaven isnt too far away
we're closer to it every day
no matter what your freinds might say
we'll find a way
yeah!

thats awesome lyrics right there folks wink

Neemo wrote:

hes on one right now about celebrity wieght loss 16 and he looks like Backslash 14

Warrant kicks ass btw, i was just a big of fan of Warrant as I was of Skid Row tongue

Heaven isnt too far away
we're closer to it every day
no matter what your freinds might say
we'll find a way
yeah!

thats awesome lyrics right there folks wink

That's the one and that aired here awhile ago.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

Well Here is the Good News from Jack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll address some of this for you.
The record will appear at #1 Heatseekers in next week's Billboard, which we are very happy about.

We are happy with first week numbers in the US which are 6,489.
The first week numbers in Japan are an astonishing 4,609.
We are deep in the fourth quarter when retail stocks the biggest sellers and retail advertising is next to impossible to buy.
That is why you were having such a hard time finding it.
We are working to find solutions to this as quickly as possible.

We have not made a decision concerning video yet but guaranteed there will be one, if not more.

The record is releasing in 33 territories around the world and that will be in staggered fashion between now and December.

We fully expect potshots to be taken at Sebastian and there would be many even if we sold 1 million first week.

We're doing fine. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer