You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Reading Axl's comments (even in last December), Robin's status was uncertain. I'm sure they tried to make him come back.

I subscribe to this theory as well.  GNR made it clear (truthfully or not) that they were surprised by Robin's decision to leave and they were caught off guard.  They didn't take his bluff seriously and they expected him to come back somewhere down the line.  When it became painfully obvious that wasn't going to happen they had to change plans and go an alternate route.

I think at this point the best way to proceed would be to do some sort of hour long live "Storytellers" type program.  They can appear as a live band, as currently consituted.  Ron, Richard, and DJ can show what they can do with these new songs.  No classics played, focus on the new stuff.  Give some background on the songs. 

Of course, that won't happen.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I can't believe anybody is even looking for it.  Who cares anymore?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think at this point the best way to proceed would be to do some sort of hour long live "Storytellers" type program.  They can appear as a live band, as currently consituted.  Ron, Richard, and DJ can show what they can do with these new songs.  No classics played, focus on the new stuff.  Give some background on the songs.

As soon as people realized they aren't going to hear WTTJ, SCOM, etc, they will change the station.  Pencil the general public in as not interested.  Hardcores might catch a rerun on VH1 classics though.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I can't believe anybody is even looking for it.  Who cares anymore?

I thought the same thing.  I have given up on the idea of a video a long time ago and had even forgotten about it.  Even the DJ Ashba story left me indifferent.  Nothing is going on with GNR so why bother.  And quite franctly you had to have your head in the sand if you didn't see this coming.  I'm not even expecting another record from Axl not this year and in the next 3 either.  I'm even expecting CD to be Axl's or GNR's last album.  Seriously guys, expect nothing from GNR.  That way you won't be disappointed and if by a huge miracle something happens, well you'll be gladly surprised.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The only reason I would even want to see the video is to see how ridiculously they handled half the guys playing the song not even being in the band anymore.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

This video is not going to happen. C'mon people, seriously. Not happening.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

^ Ya miserable gits 16 If Axls touring (and Izzys guesting) I'll try to catch a show, otherwise I have no interest in seeing a video or hearing the name DJ Ashba again.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

They don't even need Axl to do a music video; a black and white video of a biker driving down a lone road would be good enough.

That way we don't need to complain about Finck, Bucket, Lars, Ashba ect....

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Man, I gotta get on retainer to be in this clusterfuck of a band.

Do nothing, get wealthy.

I'll be the guitarist in the videos. I think I can handle Finck's solos.  I've been playing for about two weeks now. smile

Board footer