You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: My view on the Axl Slash break up debate

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

While I am no Axlite, I am not a Slash nutswinger neither.  Your take is interesting but makes Axl out to be too much of a Saint.  Duff as always said it best for why GNR broke up.  Success came too fast too soon for that band.  They were not ready for that success.  They all got big heads, big egos and it eventually clashed cause no one was backing down.  I remember Duff also saying (or maybe it was someone else) that during the illusions sessions, there were big battles going on with band members saying "I will play on your song only if you play or sing on mine.  Or I will play on your song only if I can sing on mine".  GNR broke up not just because of Axl, but also not just because of Slash.  I do not believe everything Axl says about this and do not believe everything Slash says about this.  I think there's a middle in all of this.  Remember it takes to fight.  Axl didn't fight alone and neither did Slash.  My take is that they both have faults in this.

ha! Karma.....even though you may be slightly intoxicated. 16

Not intoxicated.  Just tired and English is not my first language.  But still I hate it when people go "Oh it's all Axl's fault" or "It's all Slash's fault".  They broke up and both are to blame.  What are the exact reasons?  We'll probably never know.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I supported Axl cause I wanted to hear what he could come up with.  After all I had heard what the others were able to come up with.  And while Axl's record may be in some ways better than what the others came up with, it was still very forgetable.  So in that sense since they broke up, they've all suffered from this musically.

true, I still would take Chinese over any other former band members album. But, to me, the first Ju Ju Hounds record and actually Tommy's VGH are pretty close in songs I actually listen to on a random day. hmm

The 1st JuJu Hounds record is awesome!  VGH I just never bought or listened to.  But saying that CD is better than the rest is slightly a compliment.  But the record ain't all that great and I don't listent to CD anymore and haven't in a long time.  And it is not a memorable album.  I seriously couldn't name all the songs on that record and much less get them in the right order.  I do not know the lyrics of any of those songs.  While I know the order and lyrics of all other GNR records.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think I was actually intoxicated....well, I know I was. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

VGH I just never bought or listened to.

its actually very good...and coming from me thats something smile

Village Gorilla Head is simply amazing.

Everybody should do themselves a favor by going out and buying that record.

Board footer