You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Revisiting the Billboard Interview

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl fixates on Slash, because he's a man who's ran off the mouth about stuff for years, and has been proven wrong over time, and hating Slash is his last ditch effort to be RIGHT. That's all this is about. He wants to be RIGHT. It's not about truth, hasn't been for the longest time, if ever.

I agree with D that Axl is jealous of Slash's success. BUT his recent venomous attacks can be caused by the label's pressure for a reunion that would make him admit that Guns N' Roses isn't Axl Rose and a bunch of guys who 'share his vision' at that time. Axl's whole image was based on the latter in the past decade.

Just a wild guess.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

These assumptions and theories are always nice. But in reality, if Uni was telling Axl to either get back with the old band or they'd drop him, he would be dropped right now.  I doubt, from everything I've seen and heard from Axl in the last ten years, that anything will make him do what he doesn't want to do.

And the main thing: Axl can take the finished recordings that he has to any label who wants it, and there are labels that would kill for a guy who has the ability to sell 3 million albums around the world... That's just in 6 months.

And as for Axl not being able to blackmail uni anymore... I think it was quite clear to everyone that he was holding no one hostage with CD. They were willing to eat it. Axl and Azoff just cleared the debt, which was the major sticking point.

And how can Slash be wrong... I hate getting into this, because I wasn't there, I don't know the full story, and niether does anyone else so this makes these arguments completely useless.... But didn't Duff even disagree with how Slash remembers things? And I've never heard Duff or Izzy go into any real detail about how things went down. And really, I haven't seen the people who were actually involved, and who do talk it, actually agree on what happened:  Axl-Slash-Doug. So I don't know who "all these people" who agree with Slash are, outside you guys.

And I'm not taking sides here, but just to even things out, Axl's explanation is just as realistic as the others I've heard.

Here's a thought:

Maybe Axl talked about Slash in his interviews so much because, I don't know, HE READS THESE BOARDS and this is all you guys can ever friggin talk about along with all of these assumptions and theories you pull out of your asses. 16

Those interviews were a direct result of (and aimed at) these boards. And you punks!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Duff said he didn't agree with certain events. he never said "i don't agree with his version of why the band broke up.

Izzy has a HUGE interview in Classic Rock calling Axl Hitler and all sorts of shit why he quit having mainly to do with Axl and he going on late, tryin to make Izzy sign away a big percentage of his rights etc

I do not think Slash is necessarily 100 percent right, but I sure as fuck don't think Axl is 100 percent correct

I think they all pretty much shared in the blame for different reasons.

Problem with Axl is, Everyone still loves and wants to work with Slash whereas Izzy doesn't want to work with any singers anymore due to being scarred from Axl and Duff and Matt and Steven both kill to work with Slash but quit on Axl.

So maybe perception isn't reality but why does everyone speak highly of Slash and love to work with him and Axl can't keep a guitar player or a steady band?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think there's a lot of generalisations on both sides.

People like to talk about how slash runs down axl...but  I actually think in general slash tried to avoid talking about axl most of the time.

However he is pushing his own career both as a solo artist (the new record) , session player for established artists, and in other bands (Snakepit, and VR) and does the traditional industry thing and works the media circut appropriately when he has music to promote.

The media always wants to talk about GNR cos it was massive and controversial and so sells copies. And so they always ask slash stuff, and sometimes he cracks a little and says something. But considering the volume of interviews he's done, the extent of the drama in gnr, and the length of time he and axl have been on bad terms, I feel overall he's been mild in his remarks.

Likewise, I'm not surprised if there's inaccuracies. There's time delays, there's drugs, there's issues of perception, there's opinion. I don't really think it's a situation where anyone can be right or wrong.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Why can't Slash keep a lead singer, D? tongue

People have called out Axl and Slash. And people who've worked with them haved raved about them both, too. So, you look at it how you want.  I'm not saying anyone is 100% right or wrong. Which went to my Duff comment. It's just not true when you make it out that everyone loves Slash and that somehow he's to be believed more than Axl. That is just not accurate. People who know Slash have attacked his credibility and honesty in the past. Not just Axl. I give Axl a lot of shit, but your argument(s) is pretty biased, D.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

And the main thing: Axl can take the finished recordings that he has to any label who wants it, and there are labels that would kill for a guy who has the ability to sell 3 million albums around the world... That's just in 6 months.

3 million world wide isnt that much...it really isnt

anyway universal has Axl by the balls, they have him under contract for at least one more, maybe 2 more albums...they got their money back for the most part fromt he best buy deal, now they can sit and hold Axl's contract till the cows come home, Axl cant sell his material to another label cuz Uni owns the rights to release the next Axl album, if uni says the next album is gonna be classic gnr ar you'll never release ana lbum again then we are in for a long stalemate...maybe a staelmate til axl goes bankrupt and his hand is forced...or maybe it'll be like axl said

"one of us will die before a reunion happens" it would be sad, this talk supports my theory in that other thread...uni says left axl says fuck you...cuz axl resents the pressure from Uni Slash gets the flack from Axl

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm sorry, man, but 3 million world wide is still big. Especially with slumping music sales. CD was still a high seller for Geffen and had the biggest debut for them that year. That's why Axl has a good relationship with Universal international, who actually did promotion for him. The bad blood is in the domestic branch.

Again, this is just six months sales figures.

I don't know what the contract status is, but they don't own the publishing on it.  It's under Black Frog. If they drop him Axl still owns it. If rumors are to be believed, than they got paid their investment back from the BB deal.

As long as Axl has Azoff he's still good.

It sold three million copies. Period.

Get over it already.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yes. It did.

misterID wrote:

Yes. It did.

It wasn't aimed at you.

I'm just saying... The negative sales talk is getting OLD.

Fine, it didn't sell as much as expected. We know.

But there's a fucking reason for that too.

Board footer