You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Some more interesting points in Slash's book that I never knew about

Neemo wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and in the st louis vid it looks edited...it jumps to a differnet camera anyway when slash gives the finger, there are documented cases also of the band playing on until they knew  that waxl wasnt coming back out. the band is well documented to have not agreed with Axl walking off in later years izzy quit cuz of it for fuck sakes

Where?  The video speaks for itself!  Axl left the stage and the band followed right away.  It wasn't edited to look that way..

if you cant see the edit the there is nothing i can do to make you see it 19

Neemo wrote:

if you cant see the edit the there is nothing i can do to make you see it 19

yea the whole thing is edited as in different camera angles.. but as soon as Axl starts walking off the stage you hear and SEE slash start talking into the mic saying 'he smashed the microphone, we're outta here'.  He started saying it as you see Axl leaving.   

As soon as Axl gets back on stage the music stops and they didn't just start playing again.   Theres an audio bootleg of the show (terrible quality) and its the same thing.

Bottom line is, Slash's events of the story is very inaccurate..  Deny it all you want, but if this account of the story was written by anyone else, you guys would be agreeing with me.

stlouis.jpg
right here you hear slash speaking into the microphone, then the camera closes up on him giving the finger.. there was no time edit there, it was just a camera switch.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

haha chillax big_smile

i havent read the book and the first time i paid attention to the footage was when you posted it

like i said i'm sure his memory is fuzzy at best and he himself has said it a million times, who knows maybe all the talk about that went on before he smashed the mircophone..i dunno dude

like i said i wont be reading it for a historical account of things, its just slash's perspective there are at least 3 sides to every story 19

at least we agree there a camera sqitch edit right at that point 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

what about the montreal riot...how'd that go down? maybe hes blended the 2 together in his mind hmm or a different riot? how many riots did they get involved in back then hmm

but you can clearly see slash at one point looking in the crowd and the music defiantely stops playing while Axl fights the guy, so yeah you're right...but like i said maybe he combined 2 incidents into one in his brain 19

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

what about the montreal riot...how'd that go down? maybe hes blended the 2 together in his mind hmm or a different riot? how many riots did they get involved in back then hmm

but you can clearly see slash at one point looking in the crowd and the music defiantely stops playing while Axl fights the guy, so yeah you're right...but like i said maybe he combined 2 incidents into one in his brain 19

That's exactly what I was thinking as I read it in the book.  I know there is some video footage out there somewhere (doesn't mean enough to me for me to look for it) where Axl walks off stage or jumps into the crowd or something, and the band vamps for a while to try to save it.  Sometimes Axl comes back, sometimes he doesn't.

Hell. I know it's happened with friends of mine and I when we're talking about something that happened years ago and two or more people remember events slightly differently or combine what happened a couple different times into one story.  I think that happens alot, even with people who haven't done a shitload of heroin.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

also, one thing which kept on throwing me off in the book was the way he'd do "time"....as in, time references, so one just wouldn't know whether he was talking in a chronological order, or if he was just skipping through experiences....for example....

he talks about them doing the Its so Easy video after he talked about the Jungle vid, and Sweet Child...which confused me bigtime....i was under the impression that ISE was the first one of the whole lot...

so, nto sure whether that was just a narrative which i just didn't get, or he simply is under the impression that ISE was a later video single off Appetite...

little errors like that are all over the book...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Well wouldnt it set the record straight "from Slash's perspective"

some of the stuff i have heard about that is in this book, he talks about alot of things, from what i understand, things we've never heard about before....

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

another interesting point is....i am currently reading Mick Wall's Axl Biography....and although its nothing we don't know, a few things (quotes from members) are mentioned in there which I think Slash chose not to mention in his book.

1. Apparently Steven publicly said that his first hit (injection of heroin) was given to him by Slash. up until then he was just a dope smoker and a blow snorting druggie user....and after seeing Izzy and Slash our of it, he asked Slash to show him and do it to him. And he did. mick Wall mentions this as an interview Steven gave in a rock magazine of sorts. Slash never mentions the incident in his book.

2. Same reference (a magazine interview), apparently Slash said that CC De Ville started wearing a tophat on stage at some point, and considering GNR were very much anti Poison in the early days, when Slash saw him next at a club or something he told him that he would kill him if he ever saw him again with a tophat. Slash also never mentions this bit, indicating that the only contact he had with CC was at the Poison audition when he saw him going into the audition room after him, all made up in glam.

So, not saying that Mick Wall is a worthy source, but the way he wrote it, indicated to me that these are well known facts, already published in rock magazines in the past, and could be easy to find.

interesting, to say the least.

Neemo wrote:

Well wouldnt it set the record straight "from Slash's perspective"

some of the stuff i have heard about that is in this book, he talks about alot of things, from what i understand, things we've never heard about before....

but if "from Slash's perspective" is not the truth.. what good is it?   And if he is talkin about things we haven't heard before, how do we know its not more bullshit?    this book is to be read with a grain of salt.

Board footer