You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Who's DJ?

Sky Dog wrote:

somebody kill this....I literally cannot read it anymore. Brutal. We are arguing about a guy who hasn't played one note live or in the studio with Gnr vs a guy who, love it or hate it, was and is a huge part of Chinese Democracy. All points have been made....let it go. Please...oh pretty please.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Mad- the OP didnt know it would turn into a VS thread. I think he was hopeful for more of a positive introduction to somone that recently joined guns

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:
bucketfan wrote:
robin67 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Why are you actually posting here? You sound like a Robin religious freak. I better add another category to my list of GNR fans. They just keep popping up.

Really dude..Finck was in the band for over 10 years...Buckethead was in there for about 4 (give or take).

How come it's Bucket who is shining on CD and not Robin?

listen BETTER

Give me 2000 takes in the studio and I'll come up with a better solo than that.  The fact that his studio work is passable has NOTHING to do with talent or ability.  If you play a solo 2000 times you're going to get it to sound good at least once.  Robin's live work is a true indicator of his 'talent' or lack thereof - and it ain't pretty.  You can hear him fumbling for notes in the TIL solo - it's messy.

Buckethead on the other hand would only need ONE take in the studio, same goes for Ron and possibly Ashba.

I certainly hope we'll get to see what Ashba can do with the Chinese Democracy material on stage, but I fear that day will never come.

i challenge you to do that. record something. let's hear it. robin puts on the best studio work. the cd is the evidence. if you ever saw robin live, you would know robin tore it up on stage with gnr. did you see the hammerstein show? robin tore the mother down on TWAT. i'd like to see slash top that. on TIL, i don't hear any notes fumbled. what notes are you talking about? you gotta be kidding me. robin doesn't fumble a damn thing..but there was a time. a time when robin was the star in guns n' roses. a star he will be again when trent cancels his messy tour

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Mad- the OP didnt know it would turn into a VS thread. I think he was hopeful for more of a positive introduction to somone that recently joined guns

Yeah I think this thread started and was intended to shed some light on DJ, as he is the newest member.  One person keeps dragging Robin into the conversation. 

Robin is an important part of the bands recent history and may continue on in the future.  But DJ's in right now, so we might as well look into what he can bring to the table.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I still think it's a parody of a nutswinger, atlhough it's getting old.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i warned everyone

*locked*

Board footer