You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

gnfnraxl wrote:

If anything comes close to the death of Elvis as far as death of a music artist it has to be Michael Jackson's deat.  A huge blow to the music world.  RIP Michael and thanks for all the great music you left us to remember you by.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Elvis Presley, John Lennon and Micheal Jackson.

nugdafied wrote:

As an entertainer, he was the greatest I've ever seen. As a kid growing up during his heyday in the 80's, his influence on popular culture was undeniable. From midwestern white kids moonwalking during recess to my family watching him rack up awards at the Grammy's to The Glove & red leather jacket......everybody was into the act & respected the massive talent. Everybody. Despite his personal life, I'm saddened by his passing.

DCK

DCK wrote:

I had my first girl experience when watching Micheal Jackson on TV.

She was the biggest MJ fan ever...she was 10 and I was 11. We sat on the floor at my house watching the Romania 92 concert (or 91?) on video and we held hands. Fuck that was cool.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
DCK wrote:

True giants of music.  I think the only ones left are McCartney and perhaps Mick Jagger.  We'll never see someone else Like Michael or Elvis.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK

DCK wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of pill-usage involved...but it's not the time to speculate.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
DCK wrote:

True giants of music.  I think the only ones left are McCartney and perhaps Mick Jagger.  We'll never see someone else Like Michael or Elvis.

I'd say McCartney is the only one left but even he isn't the juggernaut that Elvis and Michael were.  We'll never see the likes of them again.

DCK wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of pill-usage involved...but it's not the time to speculate.

According to someone VERY close to Jackson this appears to be the case.  It will be interesting to see if this comes out.  It is rumoured it was prescription drugs, the similarities with Elvis continue.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
DCK wrote:

I'd say McCartney is the only one left but even he isn't the juggernaut that Elvis and Michael were.  We'll never see the likes of them again.

Definitely. The music industry has pretty much collapsed and no one gives a shit about the garbage that is being pumped out nowadays.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah this is a real shame.  Despite all the other shit that went with the guy he was fucken talented!  I regret not going to a concert of his when he played here. He created some awesome music and was a sensational entertainer.  Damn the guy had some moves!!  Amazing talent and a big loss.

I agree with others, we are unlikely to ever see another talent/phenomenon like him again.  He was almost one of a kind, someone like him only comes along once in a lifetime.

RIP

Board footer