You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

Itchy GTR wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If i'm still here, remind me to blow my fuckin' brains out.

Thx

lol Now that was funny.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

mygnrsucks wrote:

If only he had demanded the same level of perfection and effort out of his VMA and RIR singing voice, I think this 02 comeback could've been 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

MTV was still stoked for Axl's return until the cringe worthy embarassment of the VMA performance.

Yeah, that was the greatest missed opportunity in GN'R history. MTV was all geared up to promote the new band, their crazy appearance was actually pretty novel and iconic (and not that alienating to the audience in an era where Limp Bizkit's Wes Borland was sporting makeup and contacts). If Axl had bothered to do shed the pounds and engage the services of a vocal coach as he did in 2006, he would've blown them away - and we would've got Chinese Democracy then.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
skippy wrote:

One day, Axl will look back and blame this set of guys for something that he did, too. smile

16 karma

The Robin posts by JIP and Fat Drunk really make me pissed, man.

This album was ready in 2004-2006. The little shitty add ons the songs got from 07-08 were not some mystical addition the album needed to be perfect. It was actually the opposite. No matter what your disposition is regarding this album, no one can defend the time spent between 04-08 and say that the additions you got by Frank and Ron and Axl's fucking "tinkering" were worth that much time wasted, or the destruction of a fantastic line up. It's bullshit. 4

Axl blew it.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Ron's rhythm guitar saved the title track...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I do think that everything Axl added to the songs from 2006 on improved them; the multitracked vocals on Chinese Democracy, Ron's rhythm guitar - which really lifts the title track and IRS. But the stars were perfectly aligned for the album to come out in 2002, if he'd just managed to up his game for the VMAs.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If by Ron's rytham guitar and Axl's tinkering "helping" you mean in helping bury Tommy's bass and cluttering the songs. Then yes... It helped a lot.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

tommy's bass was buried in the mix long before Ron's parts were added if the leaks are any indication

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not convinced Tommy even played on the record.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Tommy has about 3 bass notes before the outro to IRS, that's about the only indication that he's even there.

Although, Rock Band's multi tracks really show how kickass the bass on Riad is.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Going by leaks, starting from the original 1999 leaks, Tommy's bass was all over IRS and TWAT. It was the cool part of every Chinese Democracy leak I've heard. It changed on the album with Ron's rytham guitar. He also clutters The Blues and Riad and is out of place on Prostitute, imo.

Ron and Axl's tinkering contibutions on If The World is the only real upgrade of the leaks.

Board footer