You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Vince Neil: "Axl Rose Let His Fans Down"

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

UYI and AFD are the records that made GNR famous....so it's only natural for bulk of the audience to want to hear the songs they know and love. If axl refused to ever play jungle again, the audiences would be sad, they love the song.

There are hardcores like some of us here who adore the new album, and would love for a new setlist to be very heavy in tracks from it, but realisticly most of the audience will expect a sizable portion of the classics to go with it.

I'd like a bit of both myself, some of the old favourites, and some of the new tracks that i've grown to love and that showcase the new band well.

they could still do a CD heavy set and still add classics....and axl could explain the composition of the setlist to the crowd so that the fans who arent in he know would understand

say an 18 song set

jungle
scom
patience
nr
PC
DC
ycbm
kohd
lald

which is 9 that should satisfy and classic guns fan .... then fill out the rest of the set with whatever CD tracks they feel like on any particular night (ie)

better
twat
irs
scraped
sorry
madagascar
cd
street of dreams
catcher

That makes 50% of a set that 5% of the crowd is interested in hearing.  That isn't a recipe for success.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

it doesnt have to be success off the bat...with a new band they have to start somewhere and make an identity for themselves....the growing pains would be part of axl's insistence on keeping the gnr name...these guys have to prove to the music world that they can step in and replace the orig members based on their own merits ... not by playing the old guys material

i'm sure most of us here can agree on that

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

it doesnt have to be success off the bat...with a new band they have to start somewhere and make an identity for themselves....the growing pains would be part of axl's insistence on keeping the gnr name...these guys have to prove to the music world that they can step in and replace the orig members based on their own merits ... not by playing the old guys material

i'm sure most of us here can agree on that

But that isn't going to happen when 95% of the crowd isn't interested at all in hearing the new material.  What you're going to get is people grumbling that they wasted $100 on tickets to hear 9 songs they wanted to hear and 9 that they didn't want to hear at all.  It'll be a crowd full of people that aren't going to like the CD stuff no matter how good it is.  They didn't go to see it, they went to see UYI/AFD only.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

like i said they gotta start somewhere....promote the band a NEW band with NEW tunes with some classics played....otherwise it'll stay a rehash and the public will not (and have not) reacted well to these guys pretending to be the orig lineup

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

They leaked them.  They knew everyone heard them because they let everybody hear them.  People still left to get beer or go to the bathroom when they played the new songs and solos, and came back when they played the classics.  That isn't going to change because a few internet fans bought multiple copies of CD when it was released.  If anything, it's going to be worse.

This band (or any other lineup without Slash in it) will never, ever be accepted as Guns N' Roses by the people that spend their money on entertainment.  No amount of playing the new songs or releasing trilogies is going to change that.  Ever.  It doesn't matter who thinks that is fair or not, it is the reality of the situation.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

like i said they gotta start somewhere....promote the band a NEW band with NEW tunes with some classics played....otherwise it'll stay a rehash and the public will not (and have not) reacted well to these guys pretending to be the orig lineup

Personally I think the 06 sets did that. But what I found really strange was Axl's lack of speaking. To me, Better, CD, Madagascar... all of those would've went over better if he'd at least introduced them as new and written by this person or that person.

It was a very strange time. It was as if they expected everyone to know these tunes that they themselves supposedly didn't want people downloading.

they also live in a bit of a bubble....being so in tune with the online communities they cant see the forest for the trees ... not "EVERYONE" knows whats goin on

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

I wonder if Axl is going to reply to Mr. Vince Neil. It's funny that these two guys hold a grudge or something towards each other considering both bands are almost under the same category of music. (I said almost. lolo)
At any rate the way I see it that's just free publicity for Axl and his G&R.
The one thing I can say (with the acception of Steve A.) None of the G&R members ever had to sell out for reality shows. Vince & Tommy Lee did. Throw Bret in there as well. lol

Sky Dog wrote:

Steven Adler????

Board footer