You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Vince Neil: "Axl Rose Let His Fans Down"

Hey, I'm not going to tell or force you onto believing anything.

That's just what I think but don't be surprised when it actually happens.

Sky Dog wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Well, I guess it depends on how you see it.

I think that we're just getting more and more desperate.

Things change, that's the course of life - but I see this as nothing but a continued cycle that's been going on for years.

People always predict the end of Guns N' Roses and/or its fanbase until they suddenly pop up out of nowhere while giving people high hopes about good things coming ahead.

Then plans go bust, people get frustrated and angry about the situation, some pray for a reunion and hates down on the current people in the band, most notably the lead singer, certain individuals scream for Slash or Buckethead while some defend the situation and the people it involves and at the same time not forgetting to preach about the almighty power that is Axl Rose...

Eventually things will calm down and someday the record starts all over yet again.

If anything will ever change, it'll be for the better.

And that's what I always have been, and always will be, hoping for. Especially for a certain human's sake.

I am not predicting the end of GNR's fanbase I am seeing it.  Just stating what's happening.  Like Axlin said.  CD was his last ace and he fucked it up.  When he came on the boards to talk to fans I thought at first that things would change but it hasn't.  Before when we had silent eras fans would take it cause they were still hoping for the big prize.  Now they have that prize.  So really why should the fans take this bullshit again?  What reason do fans have?  Don't tell me more music.  He played that card.  Tours?  Played that card to death too.  Seriously why are people surprised there was no tour.  CD tour was done multiple times already.  And that is why fans are turning on Axl.  Cause basically he has nothing more to offer.

He certainly does have something more to offer. He is an artist who is in control of unreleased songs. He can offer those, and I would like to hear them. He can go on tour with the new band or try to reunite the old band...that is something to offer. Now, we know he may not do any of those, but I still hold out hope that he will....that is why I continue to come here. If you aren't interested in any of those things and you don't think he will do any of them, then why even post in this section? If it is just to vent your frustrations, then I would hope you have better things to do than worry about a 46 year old rich as shit rockstar.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Here is a small example of how things have gone:

87: 1,000
91: 1,500
95: 1,000
00: 900
02: 700
05: 400
06: 700
07: 500
08: 600
09: 300
10: 150 (projected)

Obviously I made up the numbers, but it reflects the relative size of the fanbase over the years.  I don't think estimating it at 10% of the height of GnR's existance is an exaggeration either...it might actually be less than that.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I love CD more and more but I spend less time on the forums. The reason is I'm sick of reading dogshite, I get about as much pleasure reading the posts as what I would reading the comments on youtube. Theres about 20% of posters I have respect for and the rest I'm beginning to loath. But its no biggie, I just log off and get on with my life and when GNR become active or something substantial happens I'll once again lap it up online.
Point being its GNR forums content thats putting me off using them, not Axl or CD. Just putting that out cause I've read a few comments about forum stagnancy being the indicator of people giving up on Axl, but its not the whole reason.

Olorin wrote:

I love CD more and more but I spend less time on the forums. The reason is I'm sick of reading dogshite, I get about as much pleasure reading the posts as what I would reading the comments on youtube.

Ditto.

Being an asshole doesn't help.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I find it extremely absurd that in 2009 we rely on Vince Neil for GNR news. Maybe next year Don Rickles can drive by Axl's house and let us know the length of the grass.

Hopefully, I may be the only one but I'm actually quite interested in what Axls garden looks like big_smile

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James Lofton wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

The thing is... if Ashba can be in the band for three months and not meet Axl once, why can't they bring Slash and the guys back? It's not as if Axl would actually have to interact with them apart from a couple of hours on stage. Let 'em stand at opposite ends of the stage glowering at each other - I couldn't give a fuck, as long as they're playing SCOM.

That's actually a really good point.

Actually, just put Slash in a box like Robin on the Howard Stern show.

Arf. big_smile

Having said that, I do love the new band, and I'd rather Axl was happy singing with them than miserably forced into singing with the old guys. But I want to see him fucking singing.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Well, I guess it depends on how you see it.

I think that we're just getting more and more desperate.

Things change, that's the course of life - but I see this as nothing but a continued cycle that's been going on for years.

People always predict the end of Guns N' Roses and/or its fanbase until they suddenly pop up out of nowhere while giving people high hopes about good things coming ahead.

Then plans go bust, people get frustrated and angry about the situation, some pray for a reunion and hates down on the current people in the band, most notably the lead singer, certain individuals scream for Slash or Buckethead while some defend the situation and the people it involves and at the same time not forgetting to preach about the almighty power that is Axl Rose...

Eventually things will calm down and someday the record starts all over yet again.

If anything will ever change, it'll be for the better.

And that's what I always have been, and always will be, hoping for. Especially for a certain human's sake.

I am not predicting the end of GNR's fanbase I am seeing it.  Just stating what's happening.  Like Axlin said.  CD was his last ace and he fucked it up.  When he came on the boards to talk to fans I thought at first that things would change but it hasn't.  Before when we had silent eras fans would take it cause they were still hoping for the big prize.  Now they have that prize.  So really why should the fans take this bullshit again?  What reason do fans have?  Don't tell me more music.  He played that card.  Tours?  Played that card to death too.  Seriously why are people surprised there was no tour.  CD tour was done multiple times already.  And that is why fans are turning on Axl.  Cause basically he has nothing more to offer.

He certainly does have something more to offer. He is an artist who is in control of unreleased songs. He can offer those, and I would like to hear them. He can go on tour with the new band or try to reunite the old band...that is something to offer. Now, we know he may not do any of those, but I still hold out hope that he will....that is why I continue to come here. If you aren't interested in any of those things and you don't think he will do any of them, then why even post in this section? If it is just to vent your frustrations, then I would hope you have better things to do than worry about a 46 year old rich as shit rockstar.

I should have said nothing interesting to offer.  He can go on tour.  True.  But who fucking cares?  We saw the CD tour time and time again.  Do you really think Axl will play different songs from CD just cause it's released now?  He ain't got the guts anymore.  If this was 1991 I'd say different but now.  When I saw them in 06 they played 5 songs from CD which is standard.  So a CD tour is boring at this point.  A reunion.  Hey I used to be one who believed it would happen.  Now.  Not so much.  And while it would be fun at first it would fizzle real fast cause you'd know it would be for a tour and that would be it.  Again if they won't record it loses some of it's lustre.  Unreleased songs?  When he dangled a carrot to us that was called CD it was interesting cause we all wanted to hear what he came up with.  Again he lost that.  We all know what he came up with.  And in alot of ways failed to deliver on promises made by the likes Fortus, Stinson and Dizzy.  Cd was a good effort but still a little disapointing.  And now the element of surprise is gone from the possible new music he has.  I could be wrong but I think that in CD he gave us the best he had.  Which does not bode well for the unreleased material.  Would I buy it if he released it?  Yeah.  Am I gonna wait like before for Axl to dangle this carrot?  Nope!  And I think less and less people will.  So again Axl has NOTHING INTERESTING to offer.  He fucked up one time too many.  And it is sad to witness cause I wanted him to succeed.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Just stay home then, spare yourself the agony. I'll go and see them no matter what they play, but I'm really hoping for CD in its entirety.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Just stay home then, spare yourself the agony. I'll go and see them no matter what they play, but I'm really hoping for CD in its entirety.

I hope he does play the whole album.  But again Axl doesn't have the guts plus he's stuck in 1987.  But seeing GNR play the whole album would be about the only way to make a new tour semi interesting.  And again I hope he does it but I will be extremely surprised if he does.

Board footer